Author Topic: Pez Machine Sportfishing -- 9/21-22 Overnighter  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Pez Machine

• Capt. Stew Hitchner
Pez Machine Sportfishing -- 9/21-22 Overnighter
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:56:27 AM »
We left the dock yesterday just before 10am with the Schindler Elevator guys and a few customers.

We headed to the toms canyon and immediately dropped down for tiles. We picked away at 11 to 36 pounds, mostly between 3 and 8 pounds though.

After an hour or so we got up on the troll and it didn't take long for a dolphin to hit the deck.

Soon after the dolphin went in the box we had a blue marlin crush a wide range. We went through every angler on the boat and then some and finally got the release after about 30 minutes.

Shortly after we got back in gear we had another billfish crash the wide range. It ate like another blue one but ended up being a monster white. We got the release and it swam away unharmed.

I have some video of both fish so I'll try to get it together after i catch a few hours of sleep.

We set up on the chunk and swung quite a bit on the hook and had to keep changing lines around. Once we got settled in around 8:30pm it didn't take long for the longfins to show up. We boated 3 longfins in the first hour of chunking.

Around 10pm the guys decided they'd had enough and we cleaned up and headed back to the dock with plenty of meat and happy anglers.

Doug, Brian and I were all hoping to pick up a sword to round off the grand slam and I had really hoped to see what happened overnight and in the morning with the tuna given the great action right off the bat. Nevertheless, we had a fantastic time with the guys and look forward to fishing with them again.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Pez Machine Sportfishing -- 9/21-22 Overnighter
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 08:00:24 AM »
Nice report Capt. Stew.. to bad they didn't stick it out until l morning

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 08:46:50 AM »
 t^  whs
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
 clp wts

Offline Bottom Dweller

• FISH HARD OR GET OUT OF THE BOAT
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
 clp nice trip. I'd have stayed out there til my arms fell off or we caught a swordfish maybe not in that order
You can't catch'em from the couch. Can ya?

Skipper of the Slowski

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
 clp

Offline Mojoman

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
Only one problem bottom dweller after 10 mins. Sombody else would have bring your fish in. I already met my quota for this year. Who's gonna bail you out when you arms fall off? :headscra:
Gotta be in it to win it!!

Offline Pez Machine

• Capt. Stew Hitchner
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 11:45:02 PM »
I'll gladly pull on some fish after everyone else is shot!  let's go put a hurting on them!!! lol

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-