Author Topic: 10-17-10 Non-Striper Report  (Read 727 times)

Offline Chicken of the Sea

10-17-10 Non-Striper Report
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:19:13 AM »
Out in the dark with my two sons and my buddy Brian for another shot at the bass. Headed north and we were on the grounds in the dark. Both boys were cold and tired and went down below for a nap while we jigged everything but stripers - blues, porgies, seabass and searobins. Left the wire rods in the trucks as the objective was getting the sons on some fish and they slept the entire trip. Highlight of the trip was when when a woodpecker, yes I said woodpecker, landed on my back and proceeded to let out the loudest, crazy a@# call. The bird flew from my back to the t-top and hung out for a while before leaving. The boat traffic was insane with guys running from bird flock to bird flock in typical fashion. Made my way back and stopped and caught an albie on the way in. We were in the inlet by 1000hrs - which is when the kids emerged from the cabin. Nice morning on the water in spite of a lack of fish. May God Bless USCG Petty Officer Shaun Lin - End of Watch - 10/13/2010.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-