Author Topic: Sea Hawk Sunday report 10/17  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Mike Sea Hawk

• The Sea HAwk
  • Sponsor
    • The Sea Hawk
Sea Hawk Sunday report 10/17
« on: October 18, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
Pretty good bottom fishing today. Started off with excellent porgy fishing and sadly releasing some real nice seabass. Blackfish were coming up pretty well on clams and those that went to green crabs caught even better. Quite a few keeper size tog released as the one fish per person limit was easily reached.

Action slowed down to a pick later in the day but mate Jesse was busy filleting fish all the way home. High hook had 42 porgies and 1 blackfish. Pool fish was a 5lb tog caught by Mike "gottog" Z who also released quite a few other keeper blackfish. One of our regulars, Willie has had a keeper blackfish on the last 5 trips he made with us.

Was great to see some kids catching fish right along side more seasoned anglers. Little bit of wind, but overall a real nice day out.  slt

Offline Mike Sea Hawk

• The Sea HAwk
  • Sponsor
    • The Sea Hawk
Re: Sea Hawk Sunday report 10/17
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:46:54 AM »
few more pics:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:48:14 AM by Mike Sea Hawk »

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
Nice Report and good fishing too     TT^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »
Nice report.  Way to go on the pool winner Mike!  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
Great pix

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:16:25 PM »
Nice report Capt Mike. Good job on the pool fish Mick.  clp clp
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:08 PM »
Mick? rofla

Was a nice day of catching. Started with drop and reel porgy action and I quickly put a dozen nice big porgies on ice. Saw some tog starting to come up on clams and a few went with using green crabs. Once some decent keepers came over the rail I knew it was game time. Grabbed my trusty gusa tog stick and went to work drowning crabs. Lots of instant life. Porgies, bergalls, seabass, and short tog were hungry. Had a few keepers right away, but was still looking for my right keeper to kill. Went with the two hook rigs, small to medium whole greenies, and casted away to try and build up the right life. Started to get some better sized tog though no beasts. Was tough trying to decide which one to keep but thankfully it held up for the pool win.

Had some insane bites at times and others hit softly. Had one on while I was hung up that I wish I could have seen. Atleast it got me free from the bottom before coming unbuttoned.

Went back and forth between tog and porgy fishing and filled the cooler with some nice scup and my tog. Was also surprised to hook a dogfish on a crab. Guess he didn't want all the other clam baits that were around. Porgies were even spitting up sandeels.

Was a action packed day and some real nasty bottom at times. Think I only donated three sinkers and two rigs. Some easily had to go through a dozen rigs. Results were worth it with plenty of porgies and some tog for all.
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:39 PM »
....Cool t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-