Author Topic: Please Read Important for 2011 fluke season  (Read 4626 times)

Offline The dropoff

• Sponsor
Please Read Important for 2011 fluke season
« on: December 31, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
The NJ Marine Council Meeting will be on Jan 6th at 4pm. If you would like to make a recommendations on what you would like to have the State summit for an option for the 2011 Fluke season this would be the meeting to do it. Please remember that you need to come with options for them to submit. Some options mite work and some will not. We will get to see that final options on the April Meeting.

If you want to post some on the board I will take them to the meeting since everyone can not make it. Please make the options reasonable.

Thanks

Capt. Fran

Capt. Fran Verdi
Francesca Marie
27' CC May-Craft

RFA-NJ Member

We are now on Facebook come and be a fan. 

"I am a Fisherman and that is what I am"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Please Read Important for 2011 fluke season
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
I'd like to see a longer season. End of September or even into middle of October. Beginning of Sept ending leave several weeks with not much to target. Too soon for the stripers to start up with any regularity.

Next in line would be a shorter size limit. As far as quantity, 6-8 is plenty enough for anyone. You can get several meals for a family of 4 with that amount.

I hope to be at that meeting also.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »
I would like a season that allows us to fully utilize the fishery with  out  over fishing it. Lol  I know it always the same thing from me. ;D. If Capt Adam gets a chance I hope he can post a base line to use as a starting point for some recommendations. Atleast this way some of our public imput may be able
  to be used.   Maybe we can start another thread and get a pool going for "who can pick the size and season. Winner to be crowned at the banquet . Happy New year all.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:08:52 AM »
I can also go for some what of a split season. No closure in between just different size/bag limits for the beginning months and the ending months.  

Phase 1.) Month of April and May up to day before Memorial Day - 2 fish at 19"

Phase 2.) Memorial Day to Labor Day - 6 fish at 18.

Phase 3.) September - day after Labor Day to end of October - 2 fish at 19"

Months of April and May for the southern guys who get bigger fish in the back then.

Summer months for everyone.

September and October for the northern guys. Keep in mind that in September and October we loose a lot of days due to weather.

Or some variation of that. Maybe skip April and October if that would put us in danger of going over the limit.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:52:42 AM by IrishAyes »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »
Joe....2 fish at 19 inches in Sept/Oct puts us in the same bracket as N.Y. and you may as well stay home.
What i would like to see is people take more meat home for their dollar....would like to see the regulations give us something back for once (but we know that wont really happen)...let it be 17 1/2 inches and a 4 or 5 fish bag....mid May thru Mid Sept.
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline jigsawx

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »
would like to hear the opinions of the board from the sssf ,imo threw back too many good eating fish because they were a 1/2 '' short and came home with nothing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-