Author Topic: Pilot - 6/8 Late nite COWABUNGA + TBONE PB (again)  (Read 3990 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - 6/8 Late nite COWABUNGA + TBONE PB (again)
« on: June 09, 2011, 08:03:15 AM »
Hatched the plan to run after work with a some outstanding anglers. 5:15 push off from the gas dock.  First off... big props to the Netman - Pualie!  Three tosses of the Percy and we have bait to chock the shute of an industrial wood chipper.  Loaded up what we need and passed a healthy load of livies to Capt B of NJ Devil.
We're in route by 5:35, things are looking good.  Headed south and did a test run on a consistent producing spot.  Committed to giving it a whirl for 15 mins to see if we could get a snif.   set up on drift, lines in and bait immediately harrassed.  Water boiling, tails slappin, lines running action.   Everyone of us got tight on fish to have them spit and shake.  These fish were having a blast with the bunks, some fish less aggressive, others absolutely committing with a vengence.  T-bone is all jacked and the one responsible for putting the bug in my ear to piece this one together.  Trust me it didn't take much convincing.  Well... have at it T.  It's your turn on the dance floor.   His line is running off fast... we see him count down making sure the bait is turned for ingestion, then bang!!! Eyes are crossed.  We're all looking to verify that this one is set and coming to the net... There is no doubt but T has his hands full with a bruiser!  He gets the crank going and forfeits line drag almost one for one.   Net out, bass in.  Now this is a beauty.  Not record book beauty but an excellent fish that weighed out at 35#, 45".  First one over the rail and more to come.  Topping it off (and I never seen this happen), T decides to release.  Kudo's brother. clp

We finish this drift and Paul is talking to Pumpkin like he's having an intimate relation! Bill Clinton's got nothing on you Paul  hhppy Something about fish talkers ;D  .....They put the meat on the table!!!  He's got his Highlands filter feeders doing a tango out there with the bass.   He's the hot hand putting back to back 25lb fish into the coffin.  Pete and I are watching bass slap around our bunker like the flippers on a pinball machine.  No commitments and then I get tight!  Another quality fish added to the box.   We reset the drift and hit the same line about 1/2 dozen times.  Run offs, fish every pass.  

Pete's the late bloomer.  Paulie and he are tormenting one another playing backyard football blocking and tackling, toying with one another to see how good their angling skills really are.  Try fishin while someone throws roadside bombs in your path to keep you off your game.   These guys have been at it together for sometime and it's all good fun!  We're clocking in around 9:15 and Pete's line is tight as piano wire!  Lines are cleared to give the man his due. Several deepwater runs, surface, drag peelin but this one is destined for the deck.  Beautiful sight netting that fish, hook in the corner  t^ and the bunker still shimmying half in the mouth of the bass!   It does'nt get much better than this.  Paul and I had the double header whistle fish to cap the night at 10:15.   Left them biting and slid back to the barn in glass flat seas for cleanup and pics!

The team went 7 8 for 21 with:

6 7 in the box, 1 release 20-35lb

Till next time t^
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:08:33 AM by pilot2550 »

Offline Tbone

Re: Pilot - 6/8 Late nite COWABUNGA + TBONE PB (again)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »
Pilot, Seems like everytime I got out with you this year I am getting a new PB.  So what r u doing tomorrow?? ;D   Oh yes, we have a fluke trip planned.   clp  Nice!  It was a great night out there and a great crew to boot.  Thanks again, T-Bone

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
SOunds like a great night out.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
Great report as alway Jeff. Congrats Tbone on your new PB.  chrz clp clp
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline shayshay

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:39 AM »
Brother - Probably one of your best written material to date. I felt like I was on the boat with the crew. You should write a book I would purchase it in a heartbeat  TT^.  Congrats on your great fishing trip...  slt

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »
Hey Jeff,

Why didn't you point the camera toward land?????????? ha ha ha ha ha.

Great night for you guys. Seems the late afternoon/evening bite is still alive and well. Problem is: tell my customers that!

Boy, you really tell a good story. Are you sure you're not writing for some fishing publication?

TBONE...Nice fish!

Capt. John
Reel Fun Sportfishing

Offline kpcoe

• Super Hero Member
  • 21' Seaswirl Striper..."Freedom 3"
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
Looks like a blast!...great read! chrz
Freedom 3

Offline BobbyK

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
T-Bone:  nice fish, and a better smile.

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 05:32:54 PM »
Nice Job Jeff!  t^
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »
I guess I ran right past you on the way in...Nice find on the bunker, the ocean was empty.  Thanks for the report. Nice job.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »
 chrz

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
Very colorful fishing report t^ t^ t^
great job clp

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »
 clp clp

Offline hiking

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »
intresting read, great report and congrats on another pb clp
Paul cell 908-415-9542

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-