Author Topic: June 11 & 12 Quincy Bay Flounder Report  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
June 11 & 12 Quincy Bay Flounder Report
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »

Myself, my son Jason, Jim and Dan fished Saturday afternoon & Sunday morning on a NS boat out of Quincy for flounder. I've fished this boat in the past and have always done well.

Weather Saturday afternoon was some what cool with some light intermittent rain. First stop was a spot the captain referred to as "Valley Of The Giants". Jason put 2 quick ones in the boat and although one was 1" over the 12" size limit we tossed it back. I added a keeper and then Dan & Jim getting a few-with one of Jim's being 18"+. Made a move but the next spot was a bust. Third spot had good action and by the time we went to our fourth spot we had 27 in the box. Fourth spot we picked a few and our last spot once again yielded good action. We ended Saturday's trip 3 short of our limit with 37 in the box. We could have limited if we went with the Massachusetts minimum size of 12"..but we set the boat minimum size at 13".

Sunday saw a brisk NE wind with some rain to start. Was a little bumpy running across the bay but with the numerous islands there was always someplace to get in the lee. Made 3 drops all day. First drop saw a slow pick, although Jim was on fire early putting 5 in the boat I think before anyone else and again getting a 18"+ flounder. I had one just under 18". Moved over to fish a reef and at first all everyone but me had action. That soon changed and brought my total up to 10 before we went back to our original spot. Slow start here but once the chum took hold it was good fishing. We put a 5 man limit in the boat. We then played catch & release for another 30 or so minutes. Wasn't easy throwing back 16" flounder.

Most of the fish fell for sandworms, although Dan did well with clam bellies. Dan also caught a small Boston mackerel and Jason caught a small lobster (released).

In years past, the catch was spiced up with cod and stripers but on this trip neither were caught.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: June 11 & 12 Quincy Bay Flounder Report
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-