Author Topic: Request Advice  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Big Country 08

Request Advice
« on: June 19, 2011, 10:27:09 PM »
Long story short:  I am in the process of selling a boat on a trailer. Guy was interested came by checked it out. He got very interested, he hired a mechanic to check out the motor, all was good. Him and I meet on Sat to conduct a sea trial, all was good. We agree on a price, he hands me a cashiers check, and I hand him the titles for boat and trailer.  He drives away with the boat. I got to the bank and deposit the check. Few hours later, on the way home he calls me and was stranded on the road because a bearing went out on the trailer. He got the boat to a mechaic, but no one around on the weekend. I fell pretty bad that the bearing went out, but we did sign a contract. Do y'all think I owe him for the repairs to the trailer? 

Thanks in advance.

Country

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Request Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »
Sheez.. that's a tough one.  but not really..

NO!.  you do not owe him for the repairs on the trailer.. But depending on the type of guy he was.. I would maybe split it with him..

If that happen to me when I sold my last boat. I would have probably split it with him..

Offline Big Country 08

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »
Well, I offered to split it with him via text.  Never heard back so I guess he got it running for a minimal costs.  Welcome to owning a boat.

Country

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
Right t^

Offline Axehandle

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
Man that's tough luck - he didn't even get the hole in the water before he had to start pouring money into it!
I FISH therefore I am.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »
I would offer to split the cost.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-