Author Topic: Bottom Line Fishing Report...  (Read 982 times)

Offline Capt Tom

• Sponsor
Bottom Line Fishing Report...
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:29:32 PM »
Although my Father's Day didn't begin with spending time with my own boys, it began by fishing with a nice family, the Browns: David and his 3 children Holly, Christopher & Veronica.

We broke Barnegat inlet around 5:30 a.m. and headed north toward the bathing beach where there was plenty of bunker. We started snagging and dropping bunker and within a half hour we had our first striped bass in the boat weighing in just shy of 40 lbs. Dave handled that fish like a pro. What a way to start the day!

While chasing the bunker down, we landed another huge striped bass, 37 lbs. I thought we were on our way to a stellar fishing day when suddenly the pods of bunker started separating and the action died down. We even tried as far north as Seaside Heights where there were a few head boats, but nothing.

With no more striped bass action, we drifted and picked up some short fluke, skates and sand sharks. Before we knew it, the day was over and we had two nice sized striped bass to show for it.

I’d like to thank the Brown family for spending their day on the Bottom Line.

Captain Tom

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:31:45 PM by Capt Tom »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Bottom Line Fishing Report...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
nice catch.  I will be fishing that area this weekend..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Bottom Line Fishing Report...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »
Great trip Capt. Tom  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-