Author Topic: FISHERMEN/Please participate.....Fluke Study.  (Read 986 times)

Offline 1captainron

• Sponsor
    • Capt Ron's Fishermen
FISHERMEN/Please participate.....Fluke Study.
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
The sexing studies funded by SSFFF on Fluke continue once again this season. The freezer is behind Atlantic Highlands bait and tackle (Thanks Pete) Bags and tags are supplied just like last year.
Spoke to a few of the head boats and it seems that they are not interested anymore With 30 to 100 keepers on a good day that research would help all of us immensely!!
Looked today and the only samples I've seen are the one's we've put in. Rather than dump them in the harbor, it takes the mates 5 minutes to do the right thing.

Private boats are more than welcome to help, it only takes a minute. Hell, you have to bring your racks to the dock anyway, why not do some good for all of us! At the end of the season I'd be more than happy to post the results of the fishery in our area....How many fish are males, how many females for comparison. As of last season just about all of the 18 inch and over fish were females! Think about that when they are talking about keeper size limits and the future of Fluke fishing in Sandy Hook and Raritan Bay!
I for one am not happy with our current Fluke situation, yes, we have a season and everyone wants to live for today. Happy about 18 inch fish is BS, we could be NY next season at 20 1/2 or 21 inches...can you say out of business!!

Being complacent will kick us all in the ass down the road.
I still to this day can't see how the few of us left can't all come together and fight.....forget your personal BS, step up now or we are just something that will be a memory in history books in years to come! SAD, VERY SAD.
Capt.Ron

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: FISHERMEN/Please participate.....Fluke Study.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
Well said Capt. Ron.. I hope many take you up on your request t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-