Author Topic: Fishguts 6/24 Father/son bay trip  (Read 942 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts 6/24 Father/son bay trip
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »
Today I had a father and son bay trip  with Frank and  8 year old Frank JR on tap. We had planned to head out around noon to plug blues and drift for fluke.We set off in real nice conditions and pushed down the bay to some flats behind Island Beach State Park. The first few holes and bars had nothing but a little searching found the blues and they were snapping. Little Frank was about the best caster I have seen under the age of 10. He would just snap a plug way out there and start crankin.Both father and son had were having a blast with 14" to 18" fish  on a wide open bite when the Sky's darken and the storms rolled in. We headed inshore to a nearby cove to wait  the rain showers out. I really had no idea that the storms were as bad and as large as they turned out to be. We were safe at all time and no more than 20 feet from shore when the 40 mph winds hit. My anchor is my friend ;D. After a long delay Frank Jr stated he wanted to catch some fluke. Conditions were near perfect with the top of the incoming and light winds. The father and son team went right to work with a real good bite. I got pay back for the slow fluke bite the other day and let the guys beat on them.The guys released over 2 dozen and boxed an 18" and 19" as a bonus in an hours time. A little less rain and it would been a near perfect afternoon with pictures and memories to last a life time. 

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts 6/24 Father/son bay trip
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
 t^
Member Team Luna Sea 4

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-