Author Topic: Last Night Meeting with NJ DEP  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
Last Night Meeting with NJ DEP
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Last night a number of leaders in the recreational fishing community were invited by the NJ DEP to a closed door meeting to discuss the proposed Public Access rules. In attendance was 15 other people (I think,,, forgot to take a count while we were all in the conference room).

The fact of the matter is that 99% of the bad news you've all heard about this proposal is BS and misinterpretation. There are a number of things that should (and will be) ammended, but it is in no way shape or form the evil document that it has been portrayed to be. Even in its current form, it STRONGLY supports the Public Trust Doctrine and seeks to enhance, expand, and protect public access points to the tidal waters.

I was very impressed and pleased with the cooperation of the DEP and their attentiveness to our concerns, even though MOST of the concerns that were raised by fishermen in the meeting were either eroneous, outside the jurisdiction of the DEP, or problems that already exist under the current laws.

As it stands, the document will be accepted as it currently stands, but BEFORE it is accepted, those who were present at last night's meeting will be emailed a draft of ammendments to it that are to be submitted at the same time, based on what was promised by the DEP last night, so that we may provide comment and feedback to them to "make sure they got it right" before the ammendments are officially submitted for another public comment period.

We will also be put on an email list and will be notified and have a chance to comment upon EVERY SINGLE municiple access plan BEFORE it is approved by the DEP and submitted for its 2 public hearings and comment period. We will also be notified via email of the time and place of every municiple hearing on submitted MAPs. The DEP was VERY accomodating in EVERY respect with regard to communicating with our usergroup specifically. They made many promises last night. The proof will be in the pudding, so to speak, with regard to how well they follow through.

As of right now I am very optimistic
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:24:30 PM by Tacklebox Joe »

Offline FishOn

Re: Last Night Meeting with NJ DEP
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
That's great news Joe. Thanks for reporting back.  t^
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
Yes, that is great news Joe. However, don't turn you back on them. They know how to play both sides of the fence.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
Thanks for reppin Joe!   clp
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »
 whs

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »
 t^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »
Thanks for the info!  t^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 11:10:02 PM »
Yes, that is great news Joe. However, don't turn you back on them. They know how to play both sides of the fence.

whs

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-