Author Topic: Fluke Blanks  (Read 3127 times)

Offline taco

Fluke Blanks
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
Im looking for a blank to use for wrapping a fluke rod. I usally drag 4-6 but sometimes go as high as 10. I am thinking 7 ft also.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
Re: Fluke Blanks
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:34:26 PM »
I'm no expert at all but I find a 7 footer has to soft of a tip for the heavier weights unless it is a HEAVY blank. I don't think you want to go to a heavy blank if you plan on doing any bucktailing with the rod. Just my 2 cents
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
Look at the Lamiglas Tri-Flex Graphite Inshore or St. Croix SCII Inshore Saltwater blanks.  If the price is too high look for these at the Baston saltwater composites.

Offline taco

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »
Look at the Lamiglas Tri-Flex Graphite Inshore or St. Croix SCII Inshore Saltwater blanks.  If the price is too high look for these at the Baston saltwater composites.
I like the lamiglas tri flex graphite inshore but which model should i get

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Fish poison blanks are fairly cheap and provide a lot of action and backbone kevin bogan has them
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »
Take a look at the Seeker Hercules Inshore light. (Ins 72L) I've built 2 rods on this blank, and its about perfect for the weights you describe.. tough composite, with a sensitive tip, but buku power down low..  pretty much specifically designed for east coast fluking by Staten Island builder/fluker Billy Vivona.. a very versatile blank as well..  t^ 

Offline swirlchaser

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »
I may be a little oldschool but this is a 966 Fenwick that I bought at a yard sale for $3 and rebuilt.  Drags 4-5oz. well and will throw a mean pencil popper too!
The best way to a flyfishermans heart is through his fly.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-