Author Topic: TnT...FSOS and Pt P VFW tourneys..... 8-20-11  (Read 2024 times)

Offline The Broken One

• Super Hero Member
TnT...FSOS and Pt P VFW tourneys..... 8-20-11
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »
Fished both Tournaments by launching out of Belmar with Anthony and my bow Monkey LAB....

tuff fishing most of the day in seriously filthy dirty water everywhere....finally found the pocket i was looking for but it was way late in the day and could only spend 30 minutes on it B4 we had to run to weigh in..  I am sure we could have done some damage there if we had more time...

Following report was written by my Bow Monkey...

Little Anthony, Bobber and I fished out of Belmar. FSOS and Point Pleasant VFW.

We started out north of the Rocks for a couple hours. Headed further north for a couple uneventful drifts. Head back to original area then finished the day snaking around.

Water quality was HORRIBLE everywhere. Put your jig in and it disappeared within inches of the surface. For this reason, bright and light color bucktails and teasers worked best.

We caught at every drop but NOTHING good. Shorts outnumbered keepers 3 to 1. We finished with 17 keeper fluke to 7.2# (good for 3rd in Point only) with our "Kreol" Limit (read creel) weighing 20.8# (creel limit for TODAY'S tournament was 4 fish ???). Prize for the creel limit was a rod and reel combo donated by a Bait and Tackle shop in Brielle. Anyone need/want an inexpensive spinning combo for $20, PM me; sold at said store for $60

We also had a 10# "bruuufish", a couple ling and sea bass and a 8# skate; all of which will be eaten this week. (2 large pepperoni pizzas, 6 shrimp rolls, some pork fried rice, chicken and broccoli etc etc).

All three of us dropped fish as they weren't really attacking the baits; maybe because they couldn't see them that well with water quality????

I had a NICE one half way up and lost it. I stopped reeling and "gave the fluke it's head". I'm DONE with Abu reels for fluking........just don't have the balls to handle the better fish (see classified section SOON for 3 or 4 Lefty Abu's CHEAP).

We had a good time, ate like pigs on the boat and at the picnic (how was the waiter service Ba Ba Ba Bobber?), made enough dough to pay for a good part of our costs and went home with fish.

Things I learned today:

1. You don't have to BE a plumber to have plumbers crack
2. I need to upgrade my fluking reels
3. People running SOME of the tournaments really shouldn't be. As with any job, the partying should wait until the work is done.
"When the game is over, the kings and the pawns go back in the same box"

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: TnT...FSOS and Pt P VFW tourneys..... 8-20-11
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
Great report.  Nice going. t^

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »
Just imagine if you had good conditions every day. I think you guys would have peeps lined up at the ramp to follow your wake out every trip LOL. There is and has always been a difference between fisherman and people that go fishing. What you guys do is definitely not for everyone. It is (or can be very) hard fishing and you guys are some of the best at it. Most days those fish are not just jumping in the boat, but you guys manage an awesome box on just about any day its not blowin gale( on those day you have a very good catch  ;D). Day in and day out its consistently great catches. The proof is always in the deck shots and not the excuses. Congrats on the rod and reel, I am sure LAB is happy as a clam and showing it off on the docks as we speak. Best of luck in the remainder of your tourneys this season and hats off  to you guys for doing what ya do and keep the flatties flying over the rail  do clp   

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
 whs t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
Great report, keep 'em coming!  And just what is the job of a "Bow Monkey"?
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:47 PM »
 wts
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:37 AM »
You dudes are soime bad asses!!  WTG on the catch and cha ching. Congrats!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-