Author Topic: Manasquan Inlet Fishing  (Read 4982 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Manasquan Inlet Fishing
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »
Hey all. I have been out of saltwater fishing for quite some time. I have a 23' Trophy that I will be taking to Manaquan this Friday-Monday. I have never fished the Manasquan area so, some help would be appreciated.

My friend and I will have our kids with us so, we are not picky as to what we are looking for. We just want to introduce the kids to boating and fishing. They range from 3yrs to 7yrs. Where would you suggest we try first? Blues/fluke in the inlet? The Sea Girt Reef?

Any help, particularly if you can include GPS fixes would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you know of any good crabbing locations that would be good too.

Thanks!

Fred

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan Inlet Fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »
Always fluke by inlet around Gull Island.  Just look for the other boats.  Lots of fish just not lots of keepers.  Small bucktail and spearing.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:27:26 AM by Wreckfish »

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:52:04 AM »
Stay in the river for lots of action for the kids ! Fish the incoming tide around the high tide. Use small bucktails and live or fresh baits. Light tackle too! Move around until you find the fish. West of the 35 bridge along the channel and tight to the shore near Garden State Marina. This area can be hot ! Glimmer Glass creek too along the docks ! Wills Hole near the clam boats ! All these spots are away from the boat traffic on a busy weekend. Water has been dirty but will get better everyday, ENJOY !!!!!

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
 wts wts wts
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Thanks guys. I will try this out tomorrow. I'm hoping the weather holds out so I can return for some fishing again on Sunday and Monday.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
Thanks guys. I will try this out tomorrow. I'm hoping the weather holds out so I can return for some fishing again on Sunday and Monday.

Webwill need a report and pics t^

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
Guys:

I took your advice and fished around the RR bridge and Gull Island. We caught about 6 or 7 "just shy" of legal fluke. We really enjoyed it. I did venture through the ICW to the Island Beach side hoping there would be fishing action there but, it didn't seem much like it. Are there any decent places there to fish?

As we were leaving this PM on the outgoing tide a trio of guys were fishing sand worms by the RR bridge and were constantly on short stripers. I will be back Sunday and Monday and will probably give this a try.

If you have any more suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks!

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Guys:

I took your advice and fished around the RR bridge and Gull Island. We caught about 6 or 7 "just shy" of legal fluke. We really enjoyed it. I did venture through the ICW to the Island Beach side hoping there would be fishing action there but, it didn't seem much like it. Are there any decent places there to fish?

As we were leaving this PM on the outgoing tide a trio of guys were fishing sand worms by the RR bridge and were constantly on short stripers. I will be back Sunday and Monday and will probably give this a try.

If you have any more suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks!

Well done, thats a pretty solid catch considering the state of the river right now. There are definitely stripers to be had around the Railroad bridge, I would suggest bringing along some softbaits, small poppers, and teasers to find something alittle bigger.I've never done as well on the Barnegat side of the canal as in the River, but that's not to say it can't be done.  This time of year, the fish are on their way out, so closer to the inlet is probably a better bet.
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:06 PM »
 t^

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
Nice.  Glad to hear you got out and caught!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
 t^ Nice.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:12 PM »
Well we went out 9/4 and 9/5 again. On 9/4 we tried the Sea Girt Reef but, with a 5y/o and a 3y/o coupled with 3-4 foot seas made for some poor fishing conditions so we headed back inside. We caught a few short fluke around the RR bridge and crabbed for a bit for only 1 or 2 keepers. Today we did managed to catch a few short fluke and one 18.5" which looked good on the dinner table. Crabbing was poor again today. All in all it was a good trip for us.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »
being on the water is always better then land
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-