Author Topic: Back in the water  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
Back in the water
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
Put Andy's Delight back in last night.  Took a short ride to see what the damage looked like and saw the sad sight of two beached sailboats that came off their moorings.  Ton, and I mean TONS of debris in the water.  Hopefully it clears out by this weekend.
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Back in the water
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »
Yup tons of crap up in the hook area was out yesterday...We will be out tomarrow ......will sea what happens........Good luck to ya capt. for the rest of the year......glad 2 hear the vessel is back in and your up and runnin... chrz
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Great news to be back in.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:17:55 AM »
You must be in keyport I posted that the other day about the sail boats.with the debris a lot of it is firewood for some reason a lot of people myself included while preping for Irene never took into consideration logs float. I alone have 30 pieces+ out there. One other thing a lot of peoiple forgot about wherether ponds, my neighbor lost 20+ koi and goldfish half of which made it to the bay. I don't think thell last too long in the salt but just imagine if they did.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 09:49:58 AM »
Back in the water.   clp Saturday for my first trip after the storm. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »
Good luck out there!  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
You must be in keyport I posted that the other day about the sail boats.with the debris a lot of it is firewood for some reason a lot of people myself included while preping for Irene never took into consideration logs float. I alone have 30 pieces+ out there. One other thing a lot of peoiple forgot about wherether ponds, my neighbor lost 20+ koi and goldfish half of which made it to the bay. I don't think thell last too long in the salt but just imagine if they did.

Yeah, it was amazing how much debris and logs were floating.  I'm in Brown's Point in Keyport.  I talked to a guy who talked to the crew from the Lucky Carm, they apparently stayed onboard tied to the docks during the storm.  They said they've never seen such a ferocious current coming in from the bay up the Matawan River. They said they were worried about some of the boats that stayed in with their sterns facing into the current.  The wash against their transoms was actually splashing up.  Considering my transom is very low to the water and my boat would have been tied in with the stern facing into the current, I'm glad I pulled.  Not to mention logs and trees flying by in the current could do some serious damage.  Just glad to be back so I can get some fishing and boating in this weekend. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 05:12:25 AM »
Good that your back. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 08:59:30 AM »
I'm going back in Sunday - Hopefully.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 09:10:10 AM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-