Author Topic: 3rd Annual NJSWF Blackfish Trip Dec 4th ))) Happening Now !!!! (((  (Read 124805 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Re: 3rd Annual NJSWF Blackfish Trip Dec 4th ))) 2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! (((
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
Man I am so amped for this trip.. I've barely fished since Irene.. I'm all pent up...even whipped up a new rod this week to burn off some excess energy.. gonna be a great time..  TT^  Mojo.. I'm no sharpie at this by any means, nor am i real familiar with that particular rod.  I'm not sure how great that shorter trevalla will be for toggin.. but   I have an option for ya.. I have a 7'6 St. Croix E-glass rod rated 15-60# and can handle up to  12-14oz... it makes a sweet tog rod if you'd like to use it.. you can keep your 7fter set up to use as a lighter rig,  and bring your tyrnos 12 to strap to the St. Croix  as a backup... let me know, it easy enough to tote it for ya..  Also, if anyone runs short of rigs  I scored a windfall of some real nice snells, and snafus at a Tog fishing/ rodbuilding workshop in Staten island last winter.. tied on  good hard material by the mate of the Ocean Eagle..plus he gave me a bunch of straight leader.. so anyone in need feel free to hit me up on board  t^  chrz

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #461 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:13 AM »
Man I am so amped for this trip.. I've barely fished since Irene.. I'm all pent up...even whipped up a new rod this week to burn off some excess energy.. gonna be a great time..  TT^  Mojo.. I'm no sharpie at this by any means, nor am i real familiar with that particular rod.  I'm not sure how great that shorter trevalla will be for toggin.. but   I have an option for ya.. I have a 7'6 St. Croix E-glass rod rated 15-60# and can handle up to  12-14oz... it makes a sweet tog rod if you'd like to use it.. you can keep your 7fter set up to use as a lighter rig,  and bring your tyrnos 12 to strap to the St. Croix  as a backup... let me know, it easy enough to tote it for ya..  Also, if anyone runs short of rigs  I scored a windfall of some real nice snells, and snafus at a Tog fishing/ rodbuilding workshop in Staten island last winter.. tied on  good hard material by the mate of the Ocean Eagle..plus he gave me a bunch of straight leader.. so anyone in need feel free to hit me up on board  t^  chrz

Yo nice Bro. Does this mean I can stop tying rigs. ;D ;D
Be great to fish with you again. t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #462 on: December 02, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
Need advise. Getting gear together which pole and reel to bring. I have a shimao compre muskie rod med-heavy 7' with a okuma solettera with 65lb braid and a top shot of 30lb mono. or my trevella x-heavy only 5'6 with a tyrnos 12 with 50 lb braid? was thinking of switching the tyrnos to the 7'0 rod. any help would be great.  5hrug

FWIW, I like the first combo.  I would just beef up the top shot to 50 or 60 lb test.

Hmmm? Like heavy top shot Bob ??

Something else I can learn from ya.  t^

You sure do know alot about this stuff and are a hell of a fisherman. chrz
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:00:53 PM by paul-e »
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #463 on: December 02, 2011, 12:41:43 AM »
Paulie,

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just regurgitating what I learned about using heavy leader from Capt Jerry.

I just try to listen to the masters and practice what they teach. ;D

use 40-80 lb main line and 60-100lb leader. blackfish are not line shy. so have the extra  bit to land the big fish. too many times i seen people catch plenty of tog and always lose the hog on there 30 lb test. your 30 lb test becomes a lot weaker once it frays or get a nickin it.

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=3711.msg34722#msg34722

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #464 on: December 02, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »
Outstanding offer on the rigs and lending the rod and Mark. Should be a great trip.

Good weather, good crew...means we are good to go in two days.  w00t w00t
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #465 on: December 02, 2011, 08:02:43 AM »
 clp 2 days  clp
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
I'm going!  See you all at the dock!   t^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #467 on: December 02, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Outstanding offer on the rigs and lending the rod and Mark. Should be a great trip.

Good weather, good crew...means we are good to go in two days.  w00t w00t

whs whs  Going to be good to see and fish with those I have not seen in awhile, as well as meet some new faces.  TT^ chrz  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #468 on: December 02, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #469 on: December 02, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »
Muskie rod should work well.  Just put atleast 40# topshot on it and you'll be good to go.

Treebeard, any extra stick leader you have I'd gladly take off your hands. Haven't made it over there to restock. thud
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #470 on: December 02, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
No problemo guys.. Geoff really hooked me up at Billy's workshop.. so I'm more than happy  to spread the joy  TT^ 

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
Was suppose to hook em with them guys and just hasn't happened.  All I got are 5/0 snafu's already tied.   chrz
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #472 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
clp 2 days  clp
Thats 2 clicks for you Eddie  ;D
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #473 on: December 02, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »
Weathers looking like a go...Tee shirt Togging ;D

Did I mention that if you wear your NJSWF.com tee shirt you get extra credit t^

Do I get extra credit if I get my shirt on TV tonight? Taking the cheerleaders down to News 12 for the 10:30 show tonight. I was thinking of putting on my NJSWF shirt on and running across the stage.  rofla

Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #474 on: December 02, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »

[/quote]

whs whs  Going to be good to see and fish with those I have not seen in awhile, as well as meet some new faces.  TT^ chrz  <'((((><
[/quote]
Hey Darren I expect to see an Australian Braid
Knot to form your double leader.  TT^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #475 on: December 02, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
Do I get extra credit if I get my shirt on TV tonight? Taking the cheerleaders down to News 12 for the 10:30 show tonight. I was thinking of putting on my NJSWF shirt on and running across the stage.  rofla

If you can pull that off Rick you get extra double extra credit TT^   I do watch New 12 so I'll be checking t^

Offline Tom

• AKA tcdethom4
  • First striper caught in the surf!
« Reply #476 on: December 02, 2011, 06:47:21 PM »
This is going to be a great trip!
Here fishy, fishy!

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: 3rd Annual NJSWF Blackfish Trip Dec 4th ))) MORE DAYS!!!!!!! (((
« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
Just about game time guys and the weather is looking good for us on Sunday… ;D

I just wanted go back over the details in this thread and consolidate all the trip info on one post to answer any last minute questions or concerns that might still be out there…

As you know we are sailing on the Bandit out of Belmar and plan to sail at 6:30am…Let’s try to get down there early so that we have time to load up 35 guys and their gear and get out of dodge on time.  Should anyone need directions or info about the boat, here’s their website     http://www.fishbanditiv.com/ Also please remember that your $60 dollar fare does not include the mates tip, these guys work hard so let’s make sure we take care of them  TT^

Bait provided by the Bandit will be green crabs only, so if you want to bring any special bait feel free to do so. Also as was asked many times…Braid is ok to use.

Should anyone experience a problem on the way to the boat, running late, got a flat tire, got lost… please give me a call and let us know you’re on your way…my cell is ( 973 ) 727-4699. Have a good excuse because you will be judged by 34 guys on its originality…

As to the pool, judging by the consensus of many posts it has been decided that it will be a $10.00 pool to be won only by the target species ( Blackfish ) It would be great if everyone enters the pool to make it interesting, I would hate to see a 12 pounder not take the money home because someone didn’t pony up the $10 bucks. There will also be a $50 dollar gift certificate provided by Dick’s Sporting Goods for the second largest Blackfish.

Also, Rod wanted me to remind everyone that he is going to be shooting some video on the trip so if you happen to see him wandering around with the camera going….please, watch the language and save Rod some time in the editing room  ;)

With regard to the rod raffle, free to all and everyone gets a chance to win this beauty…

Phil ( Wreckfish ) has done it again for us and made yet another masterpiece with the following specs:

7 ft Blackfish Rod -Build on a Calstar Grafighter GF700L blank.                                       
This is composite graphite which is idea for use with braided line.
Fuji braid ready guide wrap in a spiral wrap (Acid wrap)
Eva Foam Grips,Fuji Graphite reel seat that will fit the Newell reels.                                             
Black with gold trim and some metallic red trim that should match the reel nicely.

Joe ( Irish Ayes ) sweetened the deal with a brand new Tica Wreck Series WR348 spooled up with 50lb Power Pro.

NJBob closed the deal with a blackfish rig and 12oz weight.

Sounds like an awesome setup is going home to one lucky angler, Join me again in thanking Phil, Joe and Bob for putting this rig together for our trip, great job guys!!  clp clp

A special thanks goes out to Dick's Sporting Goods for sponsoring yet another NJSWF.com event.
Dick's has generously donated a $50 Bonus Certificate, which will be awarded to the angler catching the second largest blackfish!!  Plus all members sailing with us will receive a $5 Bonus Certificate to spend at any Dick’s Sporting Goods.  Truly a great sponsor  t^

Also need to thank Joe from Maitai Lures and NJ Saltwater Tackle, everyone on board will be receiving a Custom made Snafu Rig to catch the big one  TT^

A special note and acknowledgement has to go out to Rod as well...

Our site, NJSWF.com is about to celebrate its 5th birthday on the web  ( Jan 3rd 2007 –Jan 3rd 2012 ) I would personally like to thank Rod for taking his dream and putting it into action and providing us all with this great platform for the sport we all love, Fishing/boating. Trips like these are made possible by this sites very existence. clp clp

Looking forward to a great day…….see everyone on Sunday  t^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 3rd Annual NJSWF Blackfish Trip Dec 4th ))) 1 MORE DAY!!!!!!! (((
« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Thank you, Kenny for putting this trip together.  See you all on Sunday. (no emoticons were misused in the creation of this reply).
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: 3rd Annual NJSWF Blackfish Trip Dec 4th ))) 1 MORE DAY!!!!!!! (((
« Reply #479 on: December 02, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
Here now but I don't think they are going to let me.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-