Author Topic: Fall Kayak Fishing - The Back Bay  (Read 1380 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Fall Kayak Fishing - The Back Bay
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
Hey Guys.....Nice to be back into my fall fishing mode.

I had the chance to get out and do some kayaking and fishing along with my girlfriends daughter who is 7 and loves the water.....She was able to catch her first fluke ever and had a blast on the yak....

While out the bait fish in the back bay was thick...we saw large schools of mullet, spearing, snappers and peanut bunker.

I have heard that there are some small bass around as well weakfish......Nothing big yet.....but fish.

Some times after big storms like we have had this year....large schools of big bass enter the back bay for cover and stay being that there is tons of bait.

The Northeast storm of December 1992 was a great year for big bass in the back bay.....It seems that when we get a good flush of fresh salt water from the ocean.....The back bay just heats up with some of the best fishing to be had.

I will do my best to keep everyone up to date this fall with kayaking the back bay.

have a great weekend
Kayak 1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-