Author Topic: Just thought I'd share this one with everyone (Gateway Marina )  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Just thought I'd share this one with everyone (Gateway Marina )
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
If your friend never asked the marina to help sell this motor, and he was paying them for storage, I would think what they did was more than unethical.  
If they sold his property, without his authorization, that's illegal.  No? :headscra:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:55:16 PM by Bucktail »

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
If your friend never asked the marina to help sell this motor, and he was paying them for storage, I would think what they did was more than unethical.  
If they sold his property, without his authorization, that's illegal.  No? :headscra:
The motor was there for storage. If gateway got a buyer they can sell it. I TOLD THEM I WAS COMING DOR THE ENGINE. the owner of the motor called gateway and also said i was coming and we made a deal!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 02:40:44 PM »
those scummers do! there side of the story is, they would rather screw me over to make a few extra bucks! they are money hungry scumbags there.
yeah, but with a bad economy, $3,500 is alto of money.  I would have done the same thing as an owner, but if I committed to you, I would have a Bill of Sale written out.  Then, if someone else comes along,  you still get the motor.  BUT.. without a bill of sale, technically the sale wasn't made, so if someone else comes along in which i will get more money for, I would take them.  Business is not done by a good word and a handshake.  No offence, but if you didn't sign a contract or have a bill of sale, or deposit, your the fool for taking their word.  Someones word means nothing in business.
It wasnt their motor to sell!!!!  They were storing it for my friend!! Refused to give it to me cuz i wouldnt get it installed there for that 3500$!!!!!!!!
If they were storing it for your friend, doesn't your friend make the final decision who to sell it to.  Isn't your friend selling it "through" gateway.  If so, you should have be able to buy the engine.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
If the owner said, not to sell it because he is bringing someone down to buy it, then the marina is wrong for selling it anyway.

I do understand this though.  The marina is storing the engine and making no money on the sale.  Rigging the motor is the only way the marina gets paid for the sale. 

Your friend made the money on the sale, the marina made their money on the rigging.  It is wrong, for sure, I understandable why they choose to do it that way.  If the marina was getting a commission on the sale, then may not be so interested in the money for the rigging.

Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
Bottom Line. I think you got the short end of the stick for sure..

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
I would grab your friend and take a ride down there. No way would I sit back and let them get away with that.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-