Author Topic: Just thought I'd share this one with everyone (Gateway Marina )  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
Just thought I'd share this one with everyone (Gateway Marina )
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »
So I was working a deal with a friend for that 2007 Yamaha f250 for FISH STIX this past week. Had everything figured out with Gateway Marina (where the motor was being stored) and the owner of the motor.

So I told Gateway Marina, I'm not having them install it for the most ridiculous price of $3,500.00(just for rigging!!) and they agreed I can come and pick it up.

I stripped my ENTIRE boat of all 2 stroke everything. And I get a call from the owner that the marina sold the motor behind our backs to a guy that was gonna have Gateway do the install, so those SOB'S can get that wacky install price.

I completely just got screwed. Stripped my boat. Have no leads on another reasonable motor. And no, I don't wanna dump $25,000 in a new engine, we are looking to upgrade to a larger boat soon. Looks like our season has come to an end. Gateway Marina really has some nerve to do what they did to me. The most unprofessional thing I've ever heard of. (I wont say what I really wanna say.....)

Hopefully something will come up soon.

Capt Kris
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:43:23 PM by Hotrod »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Just thought I'd share this one with everyone.....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »
Kris, I sent you a PM about my experience with Gateway Marina.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I haven't heard any others talk bad about them.

I'm betting it was a miscommunication issue.

Hopefully you can find another engine soon.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:16:26 PM by IrishAyes »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Capt. Kris

• Sponsor
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
nope Joe, they screwed me

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that Kris. Maybe Maritime Matt has something that will work for you.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
Totally sucks Kris, and right now you want to go up there and  smk  But Keep your hopes up sometimes things happen for a reason  Good Luck  t^
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
thats sucks, but I wouldn't strip down my boat until I had the engine in hand..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
That's a real s*** bag move they pulled just hope that the engine is a pos and you were better off not getting it.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
Kris, I sent you a PM about my experience with Gateway Marina.

I have had nothing but good experiences with them and I haven't heard any others talk bad about them.

Now you have nosmly

Offline Capt.Tim

Re: Just thought I'd share this one with everyone (Gateway Marina )
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:37 PM »
Should have got the sale in writeing sounds like you were dealing  with gateway and the owner. was the motor on consignment with gateway . I would like to here gatways side of the story doesn't sound like rich Or the sons wuld do that no one charges 3500 to install a motor ???

Offline Capt. Kris

• Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
those scummers do! there side of the story is, they would rather screw me over to make a few extra bucks! they are money hungry scumbags there.

Offline Capt.Tim

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
I know their contener boat prices are high. check around I'm sure you will find one out there my buddy had a used motor intalled last spring it was a 250 yamaha with the harness cost him 1200 a dealer in cape may did the work he bought the motor private the marina was storing the motor for the seller. Good Luck

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Kris.  I hope you can find something to get you going.
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »
I used to work at their place in highlands for a few years..Nothing but great service and a good stock of parts on hand...I also think maybe some of their prices are a bit high but you get the service part also..Their top guy Jimmy is a friend of mine and does great work...

Their are many marina's around our area that you could call to sea if they have what your looking for...if you need any info let me know i'll help ya out any way i can.

Altho i do think what happened to you sucks, I also wouldn't of stripped my boat till i had either the motor or a sighed contract. It also could of been on consignment alot of people do that when they repower there.  Any like i said if i can help in any way let me know and good luck to you....
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Capt.Tim

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 09:13:28 PM »
Thers one on ebay still under factory  warrenty with the harness you need in fla ask brys what they want to install it or port mommouth marine. Do you need a 25 or 30 in shsft

Offline Capt. Kris

• Sponsor
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »
Brys wanted 700$. I saw that one on ebay. More than I wanted to spend. Gonna wait a bit. Cant see throwin 10gs into the boat. Need to upgrade soon. Thanks for looking tho!

Offline JFalasco97

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
That is some BS. Low blow. They def just wanted the extra rigging cost and went right behind your back You mid as well have been standing there when the sold it to the other guy. Good luck getting back up running soon!
RIP - 2008 Hydra Sports 3300

Offline Capt. Kris

• Sponsor
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
That is some BS. Low blow. They def just wanted the extra rigging cost and went right behind your back You mid as well have been standing there when the sold it to the other guy. Good luck getting back up running soon!
Couldnt have said it better myself!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
those scummers do! there side of the story is, they would rather screw me over to make a few extra bucks! they are money hungry scumbags there.
yeah, but with a bad economy, $3,500 is alto of money.  I would have done the same thing as an owner, but if I committed to you, I would have a Bill of Sale written out.  Then, if someone else comes along,  you still get the motor.  BUT.. without a bill of sale, technically the sale wasn't made, so if someone else comes along in which i will get more money for, I would take them.  Business is not done by a good word and a handshake.  No offence, but if you didn't sign a contract or have a bill of sale, or deposit, your the fool for taking their word.  Someones word means nothing in business.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:45:02 AM by Luna Sea 4 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 10:43:50 AM »
See that's the problem with today nobody stands by there word. It seems that money is worth more than honor. See I was raised old school my father taught me that hed rather make slow nickles and keep his head high than make fast dimes and have to hide. Don't worry about me guys if I give any of you my word I stanf by it. In a quote from tony montana," all I got is my word and may balls and I don't break them for no one." Plan and simple there was an opportunity to benefit themselves and the took it without caring who it affected, ill never deal with them because of this, and ill be in the market for a new boat in the spring so ill take my buisness to someone who goes by there word.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Capt. Kris

• Sponsor
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
yeah, but with a bad economy, $3,500 is alto of money.  I would have done the same thing as an owner, but if I committed to you, I would have a Bill of Sale written out.  Then, if someone else comes along,  you still get the motor.  BUT.. without a bill of sale, technically the sale wasn't made, so if someone else comes along in which i will get more money for, I would take them.  Business is not done by a good word and a handshake.  No offence, but if you didn't sign a contract or have a bill of sale, or deposit, your the fool for taking their word.  Someones word means nothing in business.
It wasnt their motor to sell!!!!  They were storing it for my friend!! Refused to give it to me cuz i wouldnt get it installed there for that 3500$!!!!!!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-