Author Topic: Winterizing  (Read 2773 times)

Offline PHIL

Winterizing
« on: November 01, 2011, 03:31:35 PM »
Hey guys. I have a 2004 yamaha 150 2 stroke outboard I want to winterize. I will be doing a last freshwater flush, changing the lower unit oil, and fogging my motor. My question is , other than removing the sparkplugs and spraying fogging oil in each hole, where else do I spray it? I have this big black cover that covers the carbs?? Do I remove that black cover and spray in carbs at all?

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: Winterizing
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 04:14:28 PM »
When i winterize i take that cover off and spray it in the carbs while running with me rasing the rpms manually.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Fogging should be enough.. that's the purpose of it t^  That's all I use to do..

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
Hey guys. I have a 2004 yamaha 150 2 stroke outboard I want to winterize. I will be doing a last freshwater flush, changing the lower unit oil, and fogging my motor. My question is , other than removing the sparkplugs and spraying fogging oil in each hole, where else do I spray it? I have this big black cover that covers the carbs?? Do I remove that black cover and spray in carbs at all?

Phil,
I do many of these, including carbed, ox66 and HPDI's and do them all the same way every winterizing season and I do not remove any covers. What I do is disconnect the fuel line either at the motor  or at the water seperator and hook up my own 3 gallon tank of winterizing Brew. Also a great idea to change the water seperating filter at this point and dump the gas out of the old one into a clear glass jar and inspect the corn, I mean gas ha ha ;D ;D. If you don't run  some type of stabilizer year round, and you should be with this garbage they call gas, and you just add it when your winterizing, there is a good chance it will never make it through the system. I run Marine Formula Stabil or CRC PhaseGuard 4 all season.
Capt.Matt

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
[
[/quote]Phil,
I do many of these, including carbed, ox66 and HPDI's and do them all the same way every winterizing season and I do not remove any covers. What I do is disconnect the fuel line either at the motor  or at the water seperator and hook up my own 3 gallon tank of winterizing Brew. Also a great idea to change the water seperating filter at this point and dump the gas out of the old one into a clear glass jar and inspect the corn, I mean gas ha ha ;D ;D. If you don't run  some type of stabilizer year round, and you should be with this garbage they call gas, and you just add it when your winterizing, there is a good chance it will never make it through the system. I run Marine Formula Stabil or CRC PhaseGuard 4 all season.
Capt.Matt
[/quote]

I used to do that when i worked at the marina's. Now that i dont ill just use a can of fogging fluid t^

Offline PHIL

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
When you spray into carbs with motor running, does that stale it out?

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
The fogging should Bog it down if not stall it. After that. .. your golden t^

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
When you spray into carbs with motor running, does that stale it out?

When i do mine i run the motor and spray it in the carbs using the throttle bar to keep it running...not racing....then i wait till i see white smmoke do it a bit more then let the motor stall out....Your go to go foggin wise.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
Did yamaha make carbed engines in 2004?
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »
Did yamaha make carbed engines in 2004?

yes!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-