Author Topic: 11/2 Sandy Hook Report  (Read 1145 times)

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
11/2 Sandy Hook Report
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
Made a late start out of AH armed with eels and clams (just in case). Drifted the channel at the 11/12 bouys for a while on a still (almost) high tide until the water slacked. Assuming the bass were still a couple hours away we decided to take the the short 8 mile run to the reef to see if we could pick away at some sea bass and tog. The swell was steep but, was not too frequent. We took a small jog out front and trialed the boat and all looked/felt good so we made the run (*the boat is new to me this season)

Well, once again in my haste I forgot to make new marker bouys so, anchoring-up on some good real estate came hard but, we tried anyway. We fished what looked like a good area for about an hour or so with only one skate on-board. We began marking a ton of fish which we even jigged for but, nothing. Back to SH to catch the outgoing tide......

Fished the 11/12 bouys again on the outgoing tide for a couple more hours without any signs of life. Again, we didn't even see a single fish come over the rail of any boats. Water temps was about 51-53 today. Not sure if that is playing a part in it or not.

I hope to get out one or two more times before winterizing needs to happen. Maybe next Friday out of Manasquan for some seabass and tog but, only time and the weather channel will tell.

Fred

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: 11/2 Sandy Hook Report
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:38:03 AM »
good effort t^
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
Thanks for the report.   Tough day..
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-