Author Topic: Oh the problems of a land-based fishermen...  (Read 2617 times)

Offline FishOn

Oh the problems of a land-based fishermen...
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
Well not always land based, just like to fish at a moments notice.

Anyway, wanted to share a couple pics of my fishing buddy from a couple weeks ago.  He snuck up on me multiple nights in a row.  Has not yet gotten aggressive, but a little too curious for my liking. I kept him at a safe distance with my jetty gaff and loud hissing noises (in case anyone around was wondering what I was doing).  Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics, clarity wasnt a top priority at the moment.  It was tough fighting bass with one hand and chasing him off with the jetty gaff in the other. Im really happy it wasnt a skunk sneaking up on me.  cfzd

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:47:10 PM by FishOn »
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
Re: Oh the problems of a land-based fishermen...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
A little too close for my liking.  Beware of rabid coons.
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:43:21 AM »
I always had fox (no, not that kind, I only wish  ;D) come up to me on IBSP when I used to be a surf fisherman. Ya gotta keep an eye on em. Most of the time they only want a hand out. Keep your bait secured or you won't have it very long.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:01:44 AM »
Not sure if I'd rather run into a raccoon or bum  ::)

The foxes still rule the beach on IBSP.  But they're kinda cute.   

Offline FishOn

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
Yeh I'll take small woodland creatures over humans any day. This little was kinda cute too. Going about his business to find dinner at low tide. He was hanging around the whole tide those nights.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
 whs  Hell yeah.....Id actually feed it a little bit..no to much just enough so he hangs.. clp
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:22:41 PM »
I always had fox (no, not that kind, I only wish  ;D) come up to me on IBSP when I used to be a surf fisherman. Ya gotta keep an eye on em. Most of the time they only want a hand out. Keep your bait secured or you won't have it very long.  TT^

Yeah, those foxes are little bait stealers. ;D

Offline FishOn

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »

Yeah, those foxes are little bait stealers. ;D

Bait stealer?... Not this guy. Another fishermen had a bass lying on the ground behind him and told me that he heard something in the darkness dragging his fish into the bushes. When I got there I told to look out for the raccoon thats been hanging around. That's when he told me the little guy had his eyes set on fresh striper for dinner.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-