Author Topic: Kids don’t think and parents don’t care.  (Read 6290 times)

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Kids don’t think and parents don’t care.
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »
So my daughter gets a call one day from one of her friends to stop by the ball field. So she does and out of the woods four of her friends jump out with paint ball guns and shoot up her car.

Nothing like a good prank right?

After telling the boys I want the car cleaned and hearing a different excuse everyday. I got tired of hearing this everyday. So I called one of the dads and told him my problem. He said he was very upset with his son and will take care of it. He told his son and friends to wash the car and I guess they hit it with some water, but the car looked like crap. You would think one of the dads would make sure it was done right. If that was one of my kids I would have stood there and pointed out every spot they missed till it was done right.  After about three weeks of calling the dad and him not calling me back I took the car to get cleaned. I guess he heard I filed a police report because he called me and told me he spoke with the owner of the place and he is paying the bill.

When I picked up the car yesterday the owner of the place told me they ruined the gel coat and he can not get the scratches out. As I look over the car I find at least 10 dents from the paint balls.

Not one parent called as of yet to see how the car came out. I guess they will when I press charges and they have to show up in court.

I get it
Most of us have done stupid things, but make it right.

Sorry guys, just venting.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Kids don’t think and parents don’t care.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more. These kids today have no clue and I blame the parents! Take them to small claims
court.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »
That is messed up. I'm not so sure I would be acting as rational as you are now Rick.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
 smk  They should be made to pay for the damages plus car washing every week for a year!

Offline Duffman

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
How was no one arrested? Wouldnt that be considered assault?  Or at the very least some king of firearm charge?

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 10:12:58 AM »
Wow.. No way I would sit back on this one..  When I was reading it... I knew those shots would leave dents..

Fn Bull Sh!T
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:47:46 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »
How was no one arrested? Wouldnt that be considered assault?  Or at the very least some king of firearm charge?

Paintball guns are not classified as firearms in New Jersey.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:15 AM »
"BB guns, airsoft guns, and paintball guns are considered prohibited weapons in New Jersey and can cause serious legal problems if these weapons are possessed without a lawful permit or firearms ID card in New Jersey. Under N.J.S. 2C:39-1, these weapons are considered firearms in New Jersey."

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »
I'm all for a good prank...but if it goes wrong you have to make it right...

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »
"BB guns, airsoft guns, and paintball guns are considered prohibited weapons in New Jersey and can cause serious legal problems if these weapons are possessed without a lawful permit or firearms ID card in New Jersey. Under N.J.S. 2C:39-1, these weapons are considered firearms in New Jersey."

I'm not sure we are on the same page here.  When I look up N.J.S. 2C:39-1 I can't find where it says that.  This is what I found:

f.     "Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances.  It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Paintball guns are sold off the shelf in New Jersey and there is no requirement to possess a firearms ID card to purchase or transport one.

Offline DJ76

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
if i pulled something like that when I was younger, hell now, I would be begging to deal with the girls father rather than my own.  After my father kicking my ass, he would then drag me over and make sure everything was fixed right...along with me providing an apology for acting like an idiot!
It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.
~Stephen B. Leacock

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
I'm all for a good prank...but if it goes wrong you have to make it right...

whs t^

Offline Duffman

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

I'm not sure we are on the same page here.  When I look up N.J.S. 2C:39-1 I can't find where it says that.  This is what I found:

f.     "Firearm" means any handgun, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, automatic or semi-automatic rifle, or any gun, device or instrument in the nature of a weapon from which may be fired or ejected any solid projectable ball, slug, pellet, missile or bullet, or any gas, vapor or other noxious thing, by means of a cartridge or shell or by the action of an explosive or the igniting of flammable or explosive substances.  It shall also include, without limitation, any firearm which is in the nature of an air gun, spring gun or pistol or other weapon of a similar nature in which the propelling force is a spring, elastic band, carbon dioxide, compressed or other gas or vapor, air or compressed air, or is ignited by compressed air, and ejecting a bullet or missile smaller than three-eighths of an inch in diameter, with sufficient force to injure a person.

Paintball guns are sold off the shelf in New Jersey and there is no requirement to possess a firearms ID card to purchase or transport one.

My fault. I was reading a book written by a law firm specilaizing in NJ Gun laws given to me by a gun club.  The book adds there own interpretation of the statute of what could "possibly" be considered a firearm.  BTW, it also contains actual accounts of arrests and trials in NJ relating to firearm offenses....this state has ridiculous gun laws!

Sorry to get off subject.

Bottom line it sux. Just seems odd to me these kids arent facing any kind of punishment.

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
For the service members in the ranks here....you guys will know what i mean when i say....it may be time for a "Blanket Party"
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
For the service members in the ranks here....you guys will know what i mean when i say....it may be time for a "Blanket Party"

We had those when I was in the service. Guy on the ship was putting razor blades in pillows and mattresses. Needles to say it came to an end.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 12:40:26 PM »

My fault. I was reading a book written by a law firm specilaizing in NJ Gun laws given to me by a gun club.  The book adds there own interpretation of the statute of what could "possibly" be considered a firearm.  BTW, it also contains actual accounts of arrests and trials in NJ relating to firearm offenses....this state has ridiculous gun laws!

Sorry to get off subject.

No problem Duffman.  New Jersey's gun laws are confusing at best.  I have had several long conversations with officers in the Firearms Unit of the NJ State Police and I still come away scratching my head at times. :headscra:

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
My father would have tanned my ass and made damn sure I cleaned it.  The dents probably woulda meant my life lol.  That's gonna be a costly bill on those parents.  Nail em Rick. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
Wow, this is crazy and probably criminal in nature as well since the destruction to personal property can be considered intentional. I would go after them as much as is allowed by law.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
That really stinks!! The kids were stupid and  the parents lack courage to take the bull by the horn. They have the responsibility to make it right and teach their kids right from wrong.The moment it went from "Prank and no damage" to BAD PRANK and Property DAMAGE is when the line got crossed.
They(the parents and the kids) should do the right thing or face the "blanket" or the law.
Hope it works out for you Rick.  

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 05:46:48 PM »
Kids don’t know as much as they think they do and that’s the only reason I didn’t go to the police first thing. But the way the parents are I may just go after them. It’s not like it is an old beet up car. (not that should matter) but it’s a 2007 with 35,000 miles.  The car needs to be fixed and repainted. I spoke with a body guy and he said he can take the dents out and not have to paint the them, but since it’s all around the car it’s a lot of labor and that’s going to cost some dollars. If they pay for the dent repairs without a problem I will let it go without getting it painted.

Wow I am reading this and can’t believe I am saying this. Back in the day the car would be in one of their living rooms by now and I would be in big trouble.

Must be getting old.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-