Author Topic: IBSP 6/07  (Read 2520 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
IBSP 6/07
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:53:40 PM »
Aloha Kakou,

Well my uncle and I hit the beach today and it was one gorgeous day.  Unfortunately one of my uncle's rods did not make it.  We were fishing the North Jetty and the rod scummed to a snag plus grass and snapped in 2 places right where the 2 pieces come together.  So rather push our lick any further we moved up the beach.  BTW, the canal was producing some nice blues (3 to 5#) all being caught on silver or bucktails.  Make sure the bucktails are white with white curly tails of what ever brand you like.

There were bunker everywhere.  Most were just out of casting range but some pods did come in close enough but the only thing we were catching were blues.  We put a couple into the cooler and than just C&R after that.

We did not see any stripers caught today but there were a ton of regulars out there trying their hardest to land their first striper of the season.

The blurs were caught in the area of A8 and A9. 

The beach looks the best I have seen it in a long time.  There are mussel beds close in and we did our catching just south of the big pile.

We were holding with just 4oz and I was throwing plugs as well.  The answer today was clams for us.  The posse would rather throw plugs.  We ran out of time and we would of liked to have tried Gillies but we will save that for another time.

It was nice to finally get back onto the sand and best of all catch.  If you go try bunker chunks as well.  FYI bring a snag hook for when the bunker are close enough to the beach.  Snag and drop are what have been producing some nice bass.

Malama Pono, A Hui Hou

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline JeffL

Re: IBSP 6/07
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
Thanks for the report..  clp TT^
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
 whs  Hok a loogi onya. t^

;D

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 04:57:21 AM »
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline mikeyland

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
nice report clp

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
nice report Paul

could do w/o the loogies on me tho

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »
 Nice report Paul...t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-