Author Topic: Am I the only one stoked??  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Jaycr3183

• Fish, eat, sleep repeat.
Am I the only one stoked??
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
Damn I cant wait for deer and bear season!!!!! Hopefully get a few slick heads during the stick and string season so i can focus on a buck during the rifle amd smoke pole season. Venison............YUMMMM  clp clp

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
Re: Am I the only one stoked??
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:08:43 AM »
Me to had to much heat the Summer rgmn soon can't whait to get out again.
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
 t^ I come from a long family history of Hunters, I started when I was 10 no gun till 12, they used me as a beagle fcp I had a junior license for 2 years before they came out with  the safety course and had to still take it.  Never slept the night before , first gun 12 Ga Stevens single hammer. to a side by side to a Rem.1100 and a browning Citori with 4 tubes for Skeet, shot pro for 14 years, Hunting in New Jersey has sure changed since I started. mainly Sussex CO. NJ. not many hunters then, but that changed fast when guys were discharged and had used guns in the service. My favorite was Grouse no problem to limit out on them up there, Deer hunting was a challenge back in the beginning, With all hand me down stuff to wear and nothing like the clothes of today. But things began to change over the years, and I hunted Warren county and Monmouth County's with more success. Like in 1975 when I entered the New jersey record book with a first place State Record Buck scoring 142 4/8 at that time it stood at 16th over all. but soon fell back. About 6 years ago I gave it up, simply lost interest and health reasons but mostly the lose of a good hunting Partner. I hunted the last 3 years with a group in Freehold that drove the deer and between Shot gun and Black powder 6 deer a year and more was not hard to do. with the NJ permit system. Post note the last 6 years I only used The Black Powder 50Cal. Ball and Cap. it was deadly. As for Bear never had any interest in it. Plus Bow no time to devote to it or funds. But I still enjoy the outdoors in Sussex reliving those years, so good luck out there Enjoy.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »
dam ruggy thats badass

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Wow,, cool
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
What are the stats on that Bear who where and how and when.  5hrug

Offline Duffman

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
Damn I cant wait for deer and bear season!!!!! Hopefully get a few slick heads during the stick and string season so i can focus on a buck during the rifle amd smoke pole season. Venison............YUMMMM  clp clp

Waiting.............BUT.....still too hot to be thinking fall.  Loving the 90+ temps and no rain (in the minority. ;D)    Jonesing for some homemade venison jerky!

Anyone here eat bear before? I've tried almost everything, never black bear.  Spoke to guys who love it, hate it, and are so-so about it.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
All depends on care of the meat. Proper aging and prep and Lastly The way its cooked and by whom, I worked with a Greek that made it beyond good. And his Venison was tops, The bases for it was Lipton beefy onion soup mix, Red Wine home made for in the pot and drinking while cooking chrz The rest I never learned,

Offline Jaycr3183

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:46:48 PM »
For the people who love the heat, ya'll can have it!!! Give me a 65 degree day with low laying gray clouds and a slight North breeze when the leaves begin to change, thats my heaven.  When you can smell the deer in the woods, when you have to break out the Under Armour, scent killer, scent lock, and cover scent.
--The stands are hung and the blinds are fixed, whats the wind going to do?  Mother nature makes the choice for you.  Wrong wind, you spook the deer outta there beds, correct wind, they come within 20 yards of the stand.  You see movement in the distance, its brown, its the first deer of the season, a young doe.  She passes by closely followed by another and you watch them feed without any idea of you being there. Something else catches your eye to the right, you see headgear.  Its a decent 8 with a chocolate rack, he is at 15 yards, quarting away with his front leg forward, almost inviting your arrow to find its home behind the shoulder. You slowly stand up and star to angle toward the buck. You come to full draw, settle the pin, and release.  15 minutes later you get down and start to trail the deer.  The arrow flew true, found its mark and your 2 blade rage made a quick and humane kill.  The deer ran 40 yards and expired. 
Thats my hunt in a nut shell form 2 years ago. Last year I arrowed 2 does and the fiancee killed another doe with the gun (her first deer).  I love deer hunting, its a past time that my grandfather passed onto me, and I want to pass it on to my children one day. Its not about killing an animal. Its about the outdoors.  Its looking at nature at its purest and knowing if you did your homework, you are out smarting one of the most knowledagble animals in the woods, the whitetail deer.

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
That's a fine story. On how its done. I watch a show say from the so called ranches in the west fcp fcp fcp And get sick to my stomach, They feed them all year as cattle selective breeding. They have <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">blinds[/url] in the roads, baited, and all the comforts of home. then pick out one and Bam  thud they brag about the trophy they just bagged, The Boone and Crockett score them that's BULL. Or the ones that plant plots , Then Bait the area, have a pickup <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">truck[/url] of Gear cfzd from calls to sprays-camo-stands. Half of a Dick's store to bag a deer.  :headscra: :headscra: nts In all of the 50 or so years I hunted we would scout the woods during small game season looking for <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">signs[/url] scraps and rubs, and sightings. Decide on a spot rearrange some brush and limbs. get there 2 hours before sunup and sit. not every year was a kill for us all, then the last years I took up with a group in Freehold that drove, It was not a hunt and I lasted 3 years with them and with no good partners left able to hunt I called it quits, I used shot gun 12ga, and switched to 50cal round ball and cap when it came legal in NJ, used it during both seasons. My state record was 142 4/8.got to scan the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">photo[/url] and post it.  Now I enjoy seeing Deer in my back yard and turkey galore some times 15 at a time in a single flock and 9 deer walking past. and this all in Marlboro NJ. still a lot of farms around . Bill  

Still waiting for the stats on that bear-- NJ  5hrug ---when and how  5hrug or was it just a photo   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:27:00 AM by overbite »

Offline Jaycr3183

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »
Is that the giant bear from nj or Pennsylvania??? I cant tell of it has a white spot on its chest. The bear that had a white spot on its chest was "a neighborhood pet" lol. Locals were pissed when someone arrowed that bear. I think they even names it. I also heard that it was shot over powdered jelly donuts as well. Damn bear musta tasted like a bakery.  Yumm!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »
I feel ya bro on the hunting.. but daymn Jaybird..it was 100 this past week.. I lather up pushing the key-fob to unlock my truck.. much less drawing a 70# bow  nts  so yes...you may be the only one physically stoked right now..  but I like your enthusiasm!  TT^   That's a fat bruin for sure Rug! looks like he may have had a few donuts in its day.. whatever it ate, he did'nt miss many meals..  ;D    I've taken a few bears..and the meat can be great..texture similar to pork, and mild flavor..make great sausage  t^ but as overbite says, like any game, its all about proper care, which  can be hard in spring/early fall seasons in remote camps.. so it gets a bad rap sometimes..also like any game, a big rutty boar, thats been walking up and down hills for 10 years, is not gonna be as tasty or tender as a younger animal.. but unlike selecting a nice meat deer, no one looks to shoot small bears on purpose...Also.. don't underestimate the power of the jelly donut when it comes to bear hunting!  ;)  Bear hunting can be a blast..especially in the spring when you can hunt in the afternoons and have all day to fish..I'd always pull a boat up, as all the camps I hunted from had great pike/walleye fishing..    However you may feel about baiting, where I've hunted them mostly, in Quebec/Ontario, the bush is so vast and thick you really have a few choices.. either run them with hounds, (which i did once.. fun, but tough on the fat guys and not as much fun with the bow)  bait, or spend a month or so hoping to bump into one while wandering the few logging roads, etc..which are the only places you can see further than about 10 yards..so  to draw them out of the miles of bush,  bait is what most bowhunters rely on there.. and as Yogi has such a sweet-tooth,  cake or donuts is often a bait of choice..  one guy I hunted with had a deal with a  baker in town to make his bear bait.. it was a basic pastry/jam layered affair, baked on big sheets , than packed into 50# boxes to bring to bait sites..delicious really..Claude was always yelling at me for bait munching...and the bears went nuts for it too.. he was running about 100 baits and went through over a ton of cake a year..plus sundry fish racks, beaver carcasses , etc.. cfzd  they are eating machines.. But its not as easy as you may think to wait for hours, maybe days on end,  still and quiet   in a tree, while skeeters and blackflies swarm you..and once out of the suburbs,  they're not stupid.. they know that cake did'nt fall out of a tree, and they come in on full alert.. looking for any sign of trouble,  and ready to jet at the least thing..   But the rush of finally seeing one sneaking in with less sound than a chipmunk.. much less watching the fletching disappear behind a shoulder,  is unforgettable..  t^

Offline Jaycr3183

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
Who is that young stallion????  ;D ;) slt good bear brother and with the bow!! Tip pf the ole cap to ya provie!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-