Author Topic: New jersey Mascot  (Read 10686 times)

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: New jersey Mascot
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 05:33:14 AM »
I think the fact that IBSP has a solid 11 mile stretch of undeveloped bay shore plus the Sedge islands creates a unique environment for the flies.  Unless there is an east wind, forget it.
I've used the Avon bug guard.  It works as good or better then anything else.  But when the feed bag is on, nothing stops em down there. 
They will completely cover the side of the truck on bad day. 

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
Here you go.....
Most of it is on sale.

Maybe I can get my wife to put together a basket for next years banquet.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/search.aspx?find_spec=bug spray&cel_id=bu|T_bug spray

Don't forget to show your other half. LOL
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 09:57:32 AM »
Here you go.....
Most of it is on sale.

Maybe I can get my wife to put together a basket for next years banquet.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/search.aspx?find_spec=bug spray&cel_id=bu|T_bug spray

Don't forget to show your other half. LOL
Same here, I bet I could get a basket going too.... but in the mean time if anyone would like to try it I can see if I could get some samples from my sister and send to you!  clp Im good like that!!! Plus I happen to like quite a few of you guys too! My treat!
Al... tis true when you get bit they hurt and welt something awful!!! I itch the bite like crazy even though Im not supposed to, i cant help it! Sometimes taking a swim helps me too!!!
Never heard of the listerine but I am all for the minty smelling vessel Jockey!!!!  rofla

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
MrsFish Hurt when bitten is that what you call it  fcp they take a pc of flesh with each bite my wife Darn near went into shock and bleeding when she was attacked in Tuckerton in the center of town There went that retirement home sale,  smk No wonder the price was so LOW. Her Cousin lives In kissamee FLA. they have a screened in everything, But the Snakes and Alligators get thru.   Never seen so many bugs and stuff as they Have  cfzd. Makes No Seeums  and sketters look like a good thing No thanks  thud

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »
Yes that is what I called it, it hurts when the green heads bite...I'm sorry that your wife endured what she did. It sounds to me like it was more then the avg. green head and that she may have even had an allergic reaction to it like some do with bee's. I dont know what you mean by sketters either... i hope she is ok.       

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
Skeeeters = Mosquitos

I'm allergic to bees.  Not fun getting stung.  Last time it happened, my face blew up like a cauliflower!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
Skeeeters = Mosquito's

I'm allergic to bees.  Not fun getting stung.  Last time it happened, my face blew up like a cauliflower!
Ohhhh sure I get it now, I don't know why I didn't put that together,  thud not enough coffee yet I suppose...  thud Eeeesh... must be tough being allergic to bugs like that, scary too. I think I am allergic to something in the shrimp. Iodine maybe...  5hrug I used to be able to eat a bunch of them, raw cooked and everything, but one day a few years back I got violently sick, even tried them a few times afterwards thinking it was a bad batch, but my bro made them fresh on the grill for me one night and I swear if I could have reached the phone from, well you can imagine where I was, I would have called 911, the pain was unbearable!! Be safe out there, the bee's were dive bombing us on the boat sat afternoon. 

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
Ikat - Al 100% Deet is all they use in Alaska for the Mosquitoes ( Skeeters ) A drop will do It After talking with my buddy In Tok AK last night he said they put a measured drop on 3 fingers and apply . sparingly. Not Like sunscreen. it will also melt your sun glasses. or any other Petro products. its applied to your hat visor Sleeves cuffs also read the directions. That's 100%  deet For references please go to Wikipedia. And never On Kids,  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:29:08 AM by overbite »

Offline FishOn

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
I was doing some sampling for a college class years ago at ibsp. I got bit countless times. Later that night I had a date....it ended abruptly when I broke out in massive hives head to toe. Only thing I can think of is it was a reaction from all the fly and mosquito bites. Freaked me out and blocked my dock  ;)  fcp
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »
I was doing some sampling for a college class years ago at ibsp. I got bit countless times. Later that night I had a date....it ended abruptly when I broke out in massive hives head to toe. Only thing I can think of is it was a reaction from all the fly and mosquito bites. Freaked me out and blocked my dock  ;)  fcp

Oh my poor guy :-\....are you sure you werent allergic to your date ^-^??? I hope she gave you a second chance and helped take care of you that night... thats just a horrible thing to go through!

Offline FishOn

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
Lol no but I look back and laugh now. Was like a scene from a movie. We were at a nice restaurant when it happened so i didnt realize how much of a freak I looked like until I walked past all the gasping patrons to get to the bathroom mirror.  I think some folks thought it was the food  ;)
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. - Bob Marley

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »
Lol no but I look back and laugh now. Was like a scene from a movie. We were at a nice restaurant when it happened so i didnt realize how much of a freak I looked like until I walked past all the gasping patrons to get to the bathroom mirror.  I think some folks thought it was the food  ;)

Awwwwwww  :-\ Im so sorry you had to go through that...eeeeeshhhh... glad its allll over....  clp

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
[quote author=overbite
 In Tok AK last night he said they put a measured drop on 3 fingers and apply . sparingly. Not Like sunscreen. it will also melt your sun glasses.

If it melts your sunglasses it has to be good!

We used to ride our bikes behind the mosquito truck when I was a kid!

If you don't know what the mosquito truck was, ask your Father!
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
that smell was so sweet of the trucks   grtn

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »
Behind the skeeter Truck  thud That explains a Lot hhppy and a Green head got me today in Ocean Grove on the beach But I got him to  clp No Flies no No seeums NADA bug but One dam Green Head and he had Made in Keyport on its side rofla

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:47 PM »
that smell was so sweet of the trucks   grtn
I was just a kid learning how to ride my bike at the time...I couldnt keep up...falling most of the time... sure I may have SOME brain damage since helmets were not ever a thought let alone a LAW back then....BUT Ill admit as I got older I 'burnt'some brain cells anyway  hhppy

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
You are one of the brightest lights on this site no burned out Cells. Bill slt t^ clp chrz

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
You are one of the brightest lights on this site no burned out Cells. Bill slt t^ clp chrz
That was so nice of you to say Bill...thank you very much!  :-* :-*

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
My Sister-in-law is a IBSP beach bum, can be found there almost every week-end. Her cure for the greenheads is a zapper that looks like a raquet. Fries them. LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNT FLIES especially if I get them before they get me.
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »
Zapper saw it in Harbor Freight store, and had a good Laugh about it, Darn near bought. But the beach cart is to full now with out adding.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-