Author Topic: Pilot - Go Deep and Get Jiggy 8/31  (Read 2995 times)

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
Pilot - Go Deep and Get Jiggy 8/31
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »
This write-up is a long time coming. The past several trips have been hellacious at best with conditions that make you find out what you and your crew are made of.   We've toughed out the last three trips with not much to report other than a butt kicking, a couple of funny ass hurling episodes, and a confirmation that we are whacked over this fishing thing.   Today was a different story.  We mulled this over every which way.  Hey T-bone, "what you think, Friday or Saturday?"  We challenged ourselves just about every day this week since monday, trying to peg the right wind window for our day of redemption!  Late thursday after speaking with Capt Don jr and T, we make the call we are pushin off early Friday morning with a west/so west that should do the trick.   6:00 and Capt Crazy nts (formerly known as Capt Don Sr), Don jr, and T-bone met me at the dock.  We top off with some gallonage and make our way to a little harbor sweet heart that promises a bait tank full of Pnutz.  Capt Don jr. threw donuts today as if he was a disgruntled employee at the local Dunkin Donuts!  The boy was on fire.  Bait was thin here but by the 5th throw we had enough for our little parade to the promised land. t^ 

Seas were real sweet and we made excellent time.  First stop.... Tbone bangs a quick few. Then Don jr jacks a few up.  I struggled for a while and then dropped a big boy into torture chamber.  A nice 25" 6lber.   Capt Crazy worked his pumpkin stick like the maestro that he is.  4 drifts and we put the cuffs on 7 and slammed the dungeon door.  Time to motor off to the real crappy stuff.

Man that was a good move.  We start bangin fish right away.  Seemed to dial it in on Pink gulp on a the teaser with strip bait.  Tbone and are working the buckies while Capt Crazy nts and Don Jr are draggers.  Pnutz are getting hammered but killies doing just as well.  Tbone puts the smack down on a hefty one and is all jacked up. This is his seasons best pushing close to 6lbs.  Not bad for a guy that gave up his sweet CC Maycraft for a tin banger rofla  CB's make an apppearance and a handful are added to the collection bucket.   Nothing over the top regarding CB size but we had consistent action  in between fluke bites.  I got pounded with another decent fluke that pushed 5.5#       

Alright enough of the play by play.... what can I say we had very good day.  At the end of it..... we put 18 nice flat fish in the coffin along with 6 decent Cbass.   We easily had 90 fish today and decided to call it quits at 2:00.  Back at the barn for a clean-up and a marathon fillet station with the four of us swinging steel.   t^

Go out and get 'em the seasons wrapping up in no time chrz

PS Capt Don Jr. put a hurting on the crabs wednesday and prepped a dish for the family.  Damn that was good stuff!

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Pilot - Go Deep and Get Jiggy 8/31
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »
 t^
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »
Good trip boys! clp t^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
 clp t^

Offline Tbone

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
WOW Pilot.  We had a great day yesterday on the fluke grounds.  Tons of action a some quality fish  t^. Thanks again.  Let our next fishing trip be like the last  clp. TBone

Offline Capt. Don Sr

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »
Good job CAPT Z,finding the flatties and catching them,I thank you for the SEA BASS dinner,Me and IOLA were like to cats licking there chops.Great day at sea on the Z-OBSSEION.  CAPT CRAZY

Offline The Dog Catcher

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »
Very nice !!  clp Bringing home the meat !
     Wow you get your crabs cleaned

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »
Great day on the water and great write-up Jeff. Things should get even better from here on.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »
Awesome job Capt!  clp Hefty pile of vittles there  TT^  chrz  chrz

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
WOW Pilot.  We had a great day yesterday on the fluke grounds.  Tons of action a some quality fish  t^. Thanks again.  Let our next fishing trip be like the last  clp. TBone

Tbone as long as your on the Z, we should be in the action.  Good day with you brother!

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Good job CAPT Z,finding the flatties and catching them,I thank you for the SEA BASS dinner,Me and IOLA were like to cats licking there chops.Great day at sea on the Z-OBSSEION.  CAPT CRAZY

Got to keep the cats content.   Pleasure having you on board Capt Crazy!

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
Very nice !!  clp Bringing home the meat !
     Wow you get your crabs cleaned

Family feud time   >:D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-