Author Topic: 4th Annual NJSWF Black Fish Trip Dec 9th ( GAME ON !!! )  (Read 128937 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: 4th Annual NJSWF Black Fish Trip Dec 9th ( GAME ON !!! )
« Reply #600 on: December 09, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »
Great to see some old faces I have not seen in a while, and meet some new ones as well. No keepers for me today, but that's fishing.

Thanks Kenny for putting it together, Rod for the back up boat, Phil for the Rod, Joe for the Reel, and , WOW, Trish for the Buffet Spread. That was great Trish. and I can't forget Paul-e,  pawle Thanks Alot for winning the Rod/Reel combo...AGAIN. ;D
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #601 on: December 09, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
The group of people that make up NJSWF are amazing. Everyone is willing to help each other and give us guys new to blackfishing good hints and advise. And the love we all have for the sport is cool to be around.

The taste in music is questionable though.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:15:55 PM by Mr Limpett »
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
 It may have rained a little today but not on our parade…I had a great time despite the weather and sluggish bite today.

Capt Tom did a super job and kept the boat on the move to try to find us “ The Bite “…would pick about 3 to 5 keeps per drop and we made plenty but the fish had other plans…in all there were still some nice roasters put on ice by the guys/gal  that were dialed in…

Many  thanks go out again to Joe and Phil for taking the time to build/provide yet another awesome rod and reel combo for this years raffle..  (aka  Paule’s ever growing collection)

Trish of course went above and beyond with the assortment of food which included pork egg and cheese samiches  that she prepared at 3am this morning…delish subs and did Skip mention the brownies..

Need to thank  Dicks Sporting Goods for providing the runner up prize in the rod n reel raffle that went to Jake!!

Trish won the Second place pool fish... You never saw anyone more excited to catch a blackfish in your life…way to go kido !

Paule….what can I say…your luck amazes me between the banquet and NJSWF trips over the years…not to mention your one hell of a black fisherman which you proved yet again today!  Way to go buddy.

And thanks to all who made the trip, enduring the rain and fishing hard to get our 4th annual Black Fish trip in the books.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:20:17 PM by Kenny »

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
As always,  hard to miss having a great time with this bunch regardless  of the bite..Great to get to meet a few more njswf faithful ..  I was drooling over that outfit with the honey Lami Phil built for the raffle... and I was even in the final go-round.. But when I saw paulie standing across from me still holding a ticket, I tore mine up and went and had a sandwich..  pawle   May be something wrong with it though.. every time i looked over is was bent all funny..  TT^ Congrats buddy!   Speaking of sandwiches..Having fished with her before, it was no  surprise to me that the amazing Ms. Fish brought it in a big way to both the buffet table and the rail..   msfsh  msfsh  Thanks so much for all that effort Trish..  and way to stick out a tough bite and nail that sweet fish.. aaand the payday tyvm!  TT^ .. Congrats!  As for the fishin itself, it was a slow day for me.. Like Al, I had few bites till the last drop before I managed  1 squeaker for the cooler.. But for a pure fun time, today was one of the years best so far.. Thanks again Kenny and the rest of the gang for putting all it together!  chrz chrz
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:28:31 PM by Treebeard »

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Had a great time today fishing with the NJSWF crew.  Capt & crew worked hard to get us some meat.  However, I ended up picking away landing only 6 shorts.  Lots of laughs as usual.
Thank you to everyone who made this happen and especially Ms Fish for all of the food t^  I had 3 of the PECs  ;D
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline bayonne

« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
was a great time as always with the njsaltwater crew t^ t^ ended up with two keepers and a bunch of shorts cant wait till next year

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #606 on: December 09, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
 t^

You guys said it all. clp
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline mass baster

• Fish
« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »
 whs

Thanks to Kenny, Rod, Trish, Atlantic Star and the rest of you that made it what it was.

It was a pleasure meeting those that I have not fished with… cant wait for the next event.

chrz
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:55:37 PM by mass baster »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:31 AM »
I had a terrific time! clp  Not a great bite, but Capt. Tom worked hard, moving several times to find them for us.  Thank you Kenny and Rod for making this happen despite Sandy. Thanks Phil and Capt. Joe for your donations.  Thank you to Trish for the tremendous spread of food! msfsh

It was great seeing everyone.  Congratulations to  pawle for winning yet another rod & reel combo.  I fished next to him all day and learned a lot from him.  Despite the scratchy bite I managed to put a keeper on the deck thanks to his tips.  He really is a hell of a fisherman.  ::)

Congratulations to our second place winners:
Jake for winning the $50 Bonus Certificate from Dick's Sporting Goods and Trish for taking second place in the boat pool. t^

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
grtn Working on post and photos. There is one photo that I need fixed...I am going to see if I can do it.... I don't have photo shop, I have three other programs, so I should, SHOULD being the operative word, be able to fix it. Give me a bit... Hold please......   

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2012, 09:18:46 AM »
Fun trip! Thanks to Kenny, Mark, Trish, Capt. Tom, Phil, Irish Joe, Bob, Jersey Joe, and Tombo. No keeps for me, but some shorts and a large dog tried to somehow offset my tackle donations to DJ's locker.

Great seeing some of you again and meeting the rest for the first time.

Most importantly, thanks to that guy fishing the starboard bow in the bright orange jacket who complained about EVERYTHING.  nosmly Definitely not a member. If if he won the pool (he didn't) I'm sure he would have complained that it was too small. Lighten up Jackie, try and have fun for once. Gave him the Nelson (ahhh haaaaa!) you can't dampen our spirit. See ya on the next one.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #611 on: December 10, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
WB,  your talking about the "Don't Use My Crabs!  Get your own Crabs " guy?     ttp

Funny stuff
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #612 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
yup dat be da guy. a 'regular'

regular something that's for sure

after the 'don't use my crabs' incident, I slid in between him and Fred on the Stbd side. He complained I dropped on top of him, then stormed off.  ovrbt

Fred thanked me for making him move. We had a good laff. Funny stuff for sure.  chrz

Offline Wreckfish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #613 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »

after the 'don't use my crabs' incident, I slid in between him and Fred on the Stbd side. He complained I dropped on top of him, then stormed off.  ovrbt

Fred thanked me for making him move. We had a good laff. Funny stuff for sure.  chrz

That's the guy that told me to throw my rod over the side when we got tangled. I think he told Jake "Why don't you just take the whole barrel" when he was trying to get a couple of crabs from it. ;D  Maybe he needed a hug.

Offline Mr Limpett

« Reply #614 on: December 10, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »
This is the day after and I still have good hangover from the trip. You guy's (yes, Trish, you are one of the guy's) are not only good fishers, but you're good people. Funny  and so helpful. I only lost 1 rig yesterday after learning to tie my own without the swivels, snaps and everything else that comes with rigs I was buying, I would be happy to fish with you all anytime, anyplace. And I didn't mention it before, but donating that beautiful handmade rod was an amazing thing to do. Wow, what a great prize, a true work of art that's value was in the hundreds. And the food! Trish, really, next time just bring your rod and tackle, we'll feed you. This is not just a forum, we can call ourselves a club.Thank's Rod. Thanks, Al for showing me the knots and rigs you use on the first trip, thank's Paul for letting me pick your brain for tog fishing techniques I can use on my next trip ( next weekend), I'm leaving people out but I'm thankful for being a part of this. I'm a quiet kind of guy, especially when I fish but I want to say that I don't remember how I stumbled on this site,  but reading your post's and getting together is one of the good things in my life. And that's really something, isn't it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:27:14 AM by Mr Limpett »
"I wish I was a fish"
-Mr Limpet

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #615 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »

That's the guy that told me to throw my rod over the side when we got tangled. I think he told Jake "Why don't you just take the whole barrel" when he was trying to get a couple of crabs from it. ;D  Maybe he needed a hug.

He was an F'n TOOL! Clearly a "regular" as the Capt and mate kept a good eye on him. He probably had a case of the Monday's... EVERYDAY!

Good times

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #616 on: December 10, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »
grtn Working on post and photos. There is one photo that I need fixed...I am going to see if I can do it.... I don't have photo shop, I have three other programs, so I should, SHOULD being the operative word, be able to fix it. Give me a bit... Hold please......   
:headscra: I hope that is not the picture I'm thinking of Trish that you need to PHOTOSHOP  fngr >:D  ;D
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #617 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
A big thanks to all who worked so hard to put this trip together. clp

Kenny for all time spent on making this happen, despite Sandy issues. clp

Joe for the awesome reel, all spooled up. Very nice. clp

Phil for making another great rod. clp

Dicks for a generous gift. Congrats to Jake. clp

Rod for creating this site that brought a great group of guys together. clp

And what can I say about Ms. Fish for going above and beyond with all that food. clp Hey I didn't get any brownies. rgmn Guess I'm too slow to the table.

It was great to fish with old faces and some new ones as always. t^ clp

Had a blast with you all as always. clp

Thanks to Bob for my knot tying classes all day. Can't wait to do it again. t^

Lastly I can't believe the string of luck I have had with this group with raffles.

I just love that sweet rod and reel combo and I will put it to good use 3 more trips this season and hopefully for many more years to come. t^ chrz chrz chrz

Big congrats. to Ms. Fish on her first Tog and the pool $

And thanks for the hugs ;D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:03:27 PM by paul-e »
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #618 on: December 10, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
Oh yea, what a fun trip clp Congrats to Paulie on adding another rod and reel to his arsenal  pawle Congrats to Trish our Hostess with the Mostess "Administrator of catering and Hospitality" On her Second place pool fish. Trish really went out of her way for us with all the great food, and ooooohhhhhh those brownies  msfsh Just a all around fun trip with a great group.

Skip!! Did you eat all the brownies? Or was that where Rod was going everytime he left the rail? :headscra: pawle
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:17:02 PM by paul-e »
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #619 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »
Oh yea, what a fun trip clp Congrats to Paulie on adding another rod and reel to his arsenal  pawle Congrats to Trish our Hostess with the Mostess "Administrator of catering and Hospitality" On her Second place pool fish. Trish really went out of her way for us with all the great food, and ooooohhhhhh those brownies  msfsh Just a all around fun trip with a great group.

Skip!! Did you eat all the brownies? Or was that where Rod was going everytime he left the rail? :headscra: pawle

You didnt miss nothing they werent that good we did you a favor by eating them all ;D
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-