Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy  (Read 10097 times)

Offline Sam3

Re: Hurricane Sandy
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:57 PM »
Im deep on the lagoon, so hopefully I will be safe there.  Last September it survived that huge one we had Labor Day weekend.

I actually dropped my trailer off 2 days ago to get a safety check on it, so I am trailerless anyway.. Just crossing my fingers.  I am more concerned with the extreme tide change more then the wind.

Yea, I hope my boat and trailer don't float away.  :P
Hope everything works out for you Nick.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
 5hrug..Pulled out the boat, hope to get it back in by Thursday...Wanna get in on some of the bass action.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline HOokiN

• Master Kitchens & Baths
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »
Not sure what to do. My boats in the Beach Haven West Main Lagoon almost 3/4 of a mile from the bay on an electric Lift ( 8ft up ) If I take it out, its staying out for the rest of the season...
Maybe il just put the plug back in and leave the batteries on so the water pumps out.

Decisions Decisions....
Havnent put any stripers in the boat this fall yet.
Not Cool!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:58:30 PM by HOokiN »
Grady White 20' Over-Nighter -
H o O K i N ! /  2012 Chevy Silverado Duramax -

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
Not sure what to do. My boats in the Beach Haven West Main Lagoon almost 3/4 of a mile from the bay on an electric Lift ( 8ft up ) If I take it out, its staying out for the rest of the season...
Maybe il just put the plug back in and leave the batteries on so the water pumps out.

Decisions Decisions....
Havnent put any stripers in the boat this fall yet.
Not Cool!
I used to have a house down there.  You should be fine as you, like myself, should be far enough deep into the lagoon to be protected, especially if you are on a lift.  I have to loosen my line to give room for major tide change.  I will also add some more bumpers to the side of the boat. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
Going to haul out tomorrow morning and hope to get back in when Sandy is done with us.   Good luck to all.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
I'm fishing again tonight, If I get out of work early Sat I will fish more then pull the boat out and take it home and hope a tree does not fall on it.  :P

If the surge hits my marina and the water rises high, the docks will float higher then the pilings that secure them. Then everything floats away.  Boats and all.   2 years ago some of the boats that were dry docked floated of the blocks. In the northeaster in the late 80's boats drifted onto the Garden State Parkway by Keyport,  If the plugs were out of the boats they sank..
    A friend of mine hauled his boat 2 years ago for the storm and left it at the marina on his trailer and pulled the plug.  The high surge flooded the marina. The boat was not strapped to the trailer and floated off to the side of the trailer. It filled up with water through the plug hole and sank in the parking lot of the marina.   So you might want to leave the plug in.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline wimpy

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
To all, good luck and Gods speed. Have done everything i can do on the island and am outta here.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
Pulled the boat this morning.  Took her up the Navesink to Chris' Marina passing a pod of dolphin by the Oceanic bridge.  Looks like they are getting out of harms way too.  Hope to be back fishing after this all passes.  Going to finish cleaning up outside the house this afternoon.  Good luck to all.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »
This looks like nothing I have ever seen.....Been on the Island for 48 years and been through some Big NorthEast storms...with major flooding....But I just received a call from ALLSTATE about how to ready for Hurricane Sandy  :headscra: I sure never got a call like that before....

Kayak-1
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
Just took a lot off the boat this afternoon.. I will ride it out..

Here we go again... fcp

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
Just took a lot off the boat this afternoon.. I will ride it out..

Here we go again... fcp

Are you kidding me  5hrug I rode one out on this ship and in nothing like whats coming. In Brooklyn Navy yard they said go to sea and ride it out. Best dam Ride I ever had Picture waves over the top of the Bow main deck under water, Twin screws coming out of the water when the bow went down and the stern went up. how big is your Boat,  smk
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 04:58:14 PM by overbite »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
I was on a 'weather station' patrol while in the Coast Guard. 255' ship, USCG Cutter Owasco. Got caught in a storm where the deck was awash and the waves were spraying heavily over the bridge. Prop coming out of the water and vibrating the ship and rattling your teeth enough to loosen filling.  cfzd

Wild ride indeed.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 06:00:10 PM »
I was on a 'weather station' patrol while in the Coast Guard. 255' ship, USCG Cutter Owasco. Got caught in a storm where the deck was awash and the waves were spraying heavily over the bridge. Prop coming out of the water and vibrating the ship and rattling your teeth enough to loosen filling.  cfzd

Wild ride indeed.  TT^

Teeth rattling when props came out of the water.
Ship fitters location was at the stern. they stored all their pipe in the overhead racks. there when those props cleared the water the racked was unbelievable it resonated threw the whole ship worst then being below deck near the Bow when they let go the Anchor.  cfzd

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-