Author Topic: JERSEY NUTZ - Thanksgiving fishing recap  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Capt. RJ

• Sponsor
  • 53 Spencer
JERSEY NUTZ - Thanksgiving fishing recap
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »
Well it has been tough fishing as of lately and I can only hope that it improves shortly. We put in a good effort to find the fish this past week however we were only able to put together minimal catches.

11/22
My self and the crew put in a few hours to try and find the fish since we had to run south to Hoffman’s to get fuel in the boat. We gave the jig bite a shot on some marks, but didn’t pull anything up. Next we decided to cover some ground on the troll and only ended up with 1 short before we headed in.

11/23
We had Dino and his crew from Staten Island on the boat for some black fish. We had to put in a few hours and made quite a few moves to find fish, but once we did it was game on with a hot bite. The bite continued for about a half hour and then slowed. We made a few small moves and were able to pick a few more fish though out the day. We ended up with only 5 keepers and about 15 shorts. That seemed to be the norm for most boats, some had quite a bit more and some had none. I got word the following day that the bite had picked up and guys were doing a lot better.

11/24
Off in search of the linesider we went, with the crew of Tim and the boys from Philly we had high hopes that the hard West blow would turn something on. Leaving the inlet we were greeted with the sight of birds diving and some good bait being marked on the screen, but after an hour of jigging every piece of metal in the bag, at every depth and nothing to show for our efforts, we went in search of greener grass. Only a few spots were holding the bait between SRI and the Highlands. We covered a ton of ground in search of the fish and once again only pulled one short on the boat with the bunker spoon. We worked it hard all day and didn’t head in until the sun was setting.  I have to thank the guys for toughing it out the few extra hours on this trip, it was rough and colder then hell, but we were not going to give up. Maybe we have to give the weather a little more time. The fish will show up it is just a matter of time.

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
Re: JERSEY NUTZ - Thanksgiving fishing recap
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
 t^ clp t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:33:05 PM »
Solid Efforts!!! msfsh

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
 t^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
Thanks for he report Captain. It sure looks cold and rough in the pictures. Hopefully the bite will turn on again soon. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »
 t^

Offline Capt. RJ

• Sponsor
  • 53 Spencer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:37:57 PM »
Thanks guys, the bass fishing has been slow, but as you can tell from the reports the tog are turning on so make sure to get in touch with me if you are itching to get out. I know a ton of individuals have been effected by sandy and would love nothing more then to get out on the water, therefore I am implementing special pricing for those effected by the storm please contact me and I will let you know what I am offering.  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-