Author Topic: Friday February 8, 2013 Winter Storm/Nor'Easter  (Read 24610 times)

Offline overbite

• Super Hero Member
Re: Thursday-Friday Nor'Easter
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »
  Beet Pickled Eggs .  

Comming to your house to weather the storm  t^

You are welcome besides the Pickled Eggs. I have Head Chease in cider vingar and Onions salt Plenty of black pepper. Used to Pickel a sauage but can't find the one I used to pickle. So I have to Buy Pigs Feet and knockles & Hocks. Snoots and ears are also hard to find around here, I stock up when I am in Lancaster or Easton thats closer. Just bring your Beer mine is Non Alcohol  fcp all this was a Bar Lunch here in NJ many years ago. Did I sa Free Lunch. Bill

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »
Here's a good weather predictor....

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
That's a good one, Kenny and true ;D!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »
Fred,

This was just posted by a meteorologist friend.

Based on the latest RPM, the heaviest hit areas for this weekend's Nor'easter would be from around Boston, Massachusetts to Portland, Maine. If the latest RPM verifies, these areas could be looking at crippling snowfall totals in the range of 3-4 ft...

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:30 AM »
Calling for 6 - 10 for us now.

LOVE IT!!

All of the towns will be breaking trucks.  TT^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »

LOVE IT!!

All of the towns will be breaking trucksTT^

Still working on them ???
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

LOVE IT!!

Nope! Just selling parts for them.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »

LOVE IT!!

Nope! Just selling parts for them.

Either way$$
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »
 TT^

Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Thursday Morning Update
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »
Looks like the NWS has backed off on snowfall totals after last nights model runs.  This gets very annoying and is exactly what overbite was referring to in an earlier post.  I am not sure why the NWS decided to put out such bullish numbers yesterday if they were so uncertain and change the forecast within 12 hours??  I am not going to post the continual changes of snow totals by a couple of inches each time a new model run comes out.  I will update later this afternoon with a more settled forecast, hopefully.  Again, this storm is very dependent on track.  Last night the storm track changed to the west, lowering overall totals and increasing the storm in New England!  If the actual storm goes a little farther south and east or east NJ could see higher totals.  If it stays west or north, totals will be less.  Then overall speed will be an affect too...faster or slower or a stalling out will affect the overall amount as well.  Still snow across most of the state, with increasing accumulation from south to north.  Some southern and coastal areas may only see rain.

I will update this afternoon after midday model runs are out.

TT^

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
Thanks for keeping us informed Matt.

If you ya wanna make sure to get the snow totals right....wait till Sunday  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:09:35 AM by ChrisL »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
Thanks for keeping us informed Matt.

If you ya wanna make sure to get the snow totals right....wait till Sunday  ;D

;D

The timing of the two lows or the low and the cold front are very dependent on each other too.  If the low gets here before the cold front, it will be a mostly rain event.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
Thats because I just got the snow blower ready thud

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »
Thats because I just got the snow blower ready thud

I wouldn't put it away yet fngr!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Thursday Weather Briefing from NWS PHI
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Here is the latest Briefing #4 from the NWS PHI.  This will still be a snowy event for Central and Northern NJ, with areas receiving 1-2 inches of snow an hour.  With the more western track, the coast is looking at a bigger hit as well, with 55mph gusts and 2-3 foot storm surge, which will bring minor to moderate coastal flooding.

NWS PHI Briefing #4

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
You're the BEST MATT!! I really do look for your reports especially in the summertime so I know what days are best to play hookie to fish and hit the beach!  ;D It's really crazy watching all the different chnls when they have the weather on. Some say 1-3 others say 5-7. But one thing they have in common is it all depends on how and which way the wind blows. Looks like either way, up north will get hit one way or another but who knows how much. Chris said it, come sunday we will know for sure!  hhppy As far as my area, well, I have my salt and shovel ready and will fill my truck up later after work. If it comes great, if not, then that's ok too!  slt

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »
 t^.....Thanks for all your work Matt..... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »
Just received an alert on my phone of a blizzard warning from now until sat at 1pm  fcp

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Winter Storm Thursday Afternoon Update
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
With the afternoon updates from the NWS Philadelphia and New York City, a better consensus on this storm has occurred.  The models still do not all agree, however, snowfall totals have been increased a couple of inches across the state.  The NWS has issued Winter Storm Warnings, Blizzard Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories on top of numerous Marine and Coastal Advisories & Warnings.  However, there is a MAJOR Winter Coastal Storm moving towards the Northern Mid Atlantic and New England States.  This will be a dangerous storm causing widespread snowfall, ice accumulation, blizzard conditions, high winds and coastal flooding.  NJ will see anywhere from rain along immediate coastal areas changing over to snow from 1 to 16 inches.  Accumulation will increase from the south to northeast.  Tomorrow snow showers could begin early with the bulk of the storm starting around rush hour commute home and continuing through the overnight into Saturday.  Saturday it will begin to clear out in the late afternoon.  Some areas could see rates of 1-2 inches and hour of snowfall.  Heavier banding could result in locally higher totals as well.

These numbers and tracks could change slightly, but it is a idea of totals expected for the area.

I will continue to update as necessary.  Be safe and if you hear this storm referred to as a Nemo, it is true!

Winter Storm Warnings have been issued for Sussex, Warren, Morris, Burlington, Ocean, Hunterdon, Somerset, Middlesex, Monmouth, Mercer, Passaic, Bergen, Essex & Union Counties in NJ as well as neighboring PA & NY Counties

Winter Storm Warnings

Blizzard Warnings have been issued for Eastern Bergen, Hudson, Essex and Union Counties.

Blizzard Warnings

Winter Weather Advisories have been issued for Salem, Gloucester, Camden, Atlantic, Cape May and part of Burlington Counties.

Winter Weather Advisories

Coastal Flood Watches have been issued for all coastal counties.  With higher lunar tides and a storm surge of 2-3 feet, flooding will be moderate to major in some areas such as Atlantic City.

Coastal Flood Watch

There are also numerous Marine Warnings including Gale Warnings, Storm Warnings and Hurricane Force Wind Warnings for the immediate and neighboring coastal waters.

Storm Track

Snowfall Totals

Ice Totals

2+ Inches an Hour Snowfall 4PM Friday

2+ Inches an Hour Snowfall 7PM Friday

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »
Just received an alert on my phone of a blizzard warning from now until sat at 1pm  fcp

Only for Eastern Essex, Hudson, Union and Bergen Counties as well as NYC and a few surrounding counties then into New England!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-