Author Topic: Saturday 04/27 and Sunday 04/28  (Read 2022 times)

Offline First_Mate

• Full Member of the Den
Saturday 04/27 and Sunday 04/28
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
Went out Saturday Morning and within the first 15 minutes of anchoring, we were on with our first fish. Bite stayed on with the tide. As the tide switched, we caught a few stragglers and then after the change bite seemed to be off. Total of 16 fish on the boat, a few shorts but mostly nice quality fish. Only downside is when coming back to leonardo ramp, water was very low and had to wait a few hours to pull out of the water as the low tide and the full moon, there was no water at the ramp.

Sunday morning went out and the bite seemed to be a little slower in the morning. Only fished for about a half day and just when we were ready to pull anchor, hooked on to a nice 32"er. After that went into the cooler snagged another nice cooler fish. Called it a day so we can get the boat out of the water before low tide.

Overall 3 trips, total of 60 bass caught, along with a few skates but no blues yet. Heard reports of blues being around but haven't had any on the boat. So far a very good season. This weekend won't be goin out but maybe a trip during the week if my buddy is up for it. :)

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Saturday 04/27 and Sunday 04/28
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
 t^....Great weekend report.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
Nicely done t^  too bad about the water at the ramp.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline First_Mate

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:55 PM »
yeah the sand washed back into the channel and the depth was maybe 2.5 ft. Then when you get to the ramp, if you ever been there, you know after the end of the ramp it's a six foot drop off. So the wait was better than trying to either beat up your boat or get your trailer stuck....

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
WAGNERS marina and Keyport Marine Basin have nice ramps at any tide. Keyport Municipal ramp is awful, too shallow
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 04:30:36 PM »
Nice trips!!

WAGNERS marina and Keyport Marine Basin have nice ramps at any tide. Keyport Municipal ramp is awful, too shallow

Wagnidge's is slippy as all hell near low tide tho. I guess what ramp isnt. Don't ask me how I know....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:31:17 PM by wb »

Offline First_Mate

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »
Thanks for the info on the other ramps. It would be something to consider in a bad situation so I appreciate it. I'll have to look into them.

Offline Spanky

• my facebook page
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Have to admit, the sayreville municipal ramp is nice. A little bit up the river but lots of grip.
The secret to catching fish is, to fish, where the fish are.

Offline pipermike

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:02 AM »
WAGNERS marina and Keyport Marine Basin.you can get under the bridges at high tide?

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:12 AM »
WAGNERS marina and Keyport Marine Basin.you can get under the bridges at high tide?

Not with a T-top.    But usually you an make it if you don't have a T-top unless its a new moon high tide.  If you can't get through you can wait it out by docking at the BlueRock Cafe "Bar/Restuarant" for an hour.
Eddie "Hunter 2"

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-