Author Topic: *** Standard Orange Life Jackets ***  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
*** Standard Orange Life Jackets ***
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
grtn family! Question for ya'll...I have 6 of those Orange jackets and one ski vest that are housed under the center con season after season. I take them out after the season, wash them off with just water form the hose, let them dry and then store in my basement. The Ski vest I have no questions on, it's fine. The orange ones how ever; the straps are fine and able to be adjusted with no problems, clips are fine, solid 'click' when they clip in, BUT they are all dirty from being under the center con. They don't appear to be worn out and if I could get them clean, I would, but don't know how to. To me, the stuffing or what ever it's called on the inside feels like it felt when you first get them; sturdy. Can I throw them in the washing machine or is there a cleaner that I can get for them that wont damage them in anyway?  5hrug Someone saw them and said if I got pulled over by the CG they might question them. Thoughts?

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
Re: *** Standard Orange Life Jackets ***
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
I wouldn't put them in the washing machine. It sounds like mold. I get stuff like that too. It should clean off easily with warm soapy water. If that doesn't work try Awesome. You can get it from one of the dollar stores.... I forget which chain. The stuff is AWESOME!

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline sealife

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
Dirt does not make them unserviceable.  Rips, tears broken straps or clips does.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »
Dirt does not make them unserviceable.  Rips, tears broken straps or clips does.
                                 whs
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-