Author Topic: Send Yur Comments to NMFS on Summer Flounder  (Read 2517 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Send Yur Comments to NMFS on Summer Flounder
« on: October 02, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »

NMFS proposes coastwide summer flounder recreational management measures to administratively complete the rulemaking process

initiated in March 2007. This action is necessary to propose appropriate coastwide management measures to be in place on January 1,

2008, following the expiration of the current state-by-state conservation equivalency management measures on December 31, 2007. The

intent of these measures is to prevent overfishing of the summer flounder resource during the interim between the aforementioned

expiration of the 2007 recreational measures and the implementation of measures for 2008.

DATES: Comments must be received by 5 p.m. local time, on October 15, 2007.

ADDRESSES: You may submit comments by any of the following methods:

E-mail: 0648-AV99@noaa.gov. Include in the subject line the following identifier:

``Comments on 2008 Summer Flounder Interim Recreational Measures.'' 

Federal e-rulemaking portal: http://www.regulations.gov

Mail: Patricia A. Kurkul, Regional Administrator, NMFS, Northeast Regional Office, One Blackburn Drive , Gloucester , MA 01930 . Mark the outside of the envelope: ``Comments on 2008 Summer Flounder Interim Recreational Measures.''

Fax: (978) 281-9135.

Copies of the Supplemental Environmental Assessment, as well as the original Environmental Assessment, Regulatory Impact Review, and

Initial Regulatory Flexibility Analysis (EA/RIR/IRFA) completed for the 2007 recreational management measures are available from Daniel T. Furlong, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council, Room 2115, Federal Building , 300 South New Street, Dover , DE 19901-6790 . The Supplemental Environmental Assessment is also accessible via the Internet at http://www.nero.noaa.gov.

[Docket No. 070827484-7485-01]RIN 0648-AV99

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Send Yur Comments to NMFS on Summer Flounder
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
 TT^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
I'm sending:

1. Increase the minimum size for draggers to more closely match recreational sizing. If it's so important to throwback those fat 16.5"ers to grow and breed then it's important for everyone.

2. Decrease the length of season for commercial fishing to more closely "align" their catch with the "future biomass targets." I will gladly pay another dollar for my broiled flounder entree at the restaurant.

3. Accomplishing the above two will allow opening up the recreational fishery at least until the fall striper run starts and fluke are pretty done by that time anyway. This will have a fairly insignifigant impact on the total catch (unless of course Capt Joe is able to get out every day  ;) ) I for one have a hard time tossing back wouldbe keepers just cuz it's after 9/10 and I'll bet I'm not alone.

4. Allocate additional funds to our FG&W enforcement to target enhanced commercial compliance to the new rules. When I read about operation AH and the like it makes me wonder how much of that stuff goes on with draggers as well- just on a larger scale?

Oops fell off my soapbox I swear i'm impartial...

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:57:37 AM »
o yeah forgot-- at least hold the line on changing the recreational size and bag limit...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-