Author Topic: Fall Kayak Fishing The Back Bay  (Read 1863 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Fall Kayak Fishing The Back Bay
« on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »
Well....Most of us lost the 2012 fall fishing season due to Sandy and had limited fishing areas to even get out if we wanted.

The back bay has changed....at least in the Ocean County area....Holes and cuts are gone filled in with beach sand and there is still plenty of garbage on the bottom which will turn up for years to come.

Being around the Bay my entire life and having a play ground such as the Barnegate to fish year round my concern was, would I get back what I had before for the past 49 years.

Well the way the DEP is removing sand is a big concern....The are using a barge and scooping sand from areas they feel has beach sand that washed down from the ocean.

Back in the late 60's and 70's after a storm half the size of Sandy....They would pump sand from the bay up the streets to the ocean.

Well the point I'm getting at is I don't see the signs that point to anything like in past years.....everything seems way off balance....But again look at the size of Sandy I guess....I'm still going to get out and fish my favorite spots...

I will keep you posted
Kayak-1

The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Fall Kayak Fishing The Back Bay
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »
Have a great fall season this year. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Fall Kayak Fishing The Back Bay
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »
 TT^ grtn

I will be sticking to the surf this fall as I have a number of people that are just getting into surf fishing and so far this fall has been pretty productive.  I am hoping next year will be a better one for me in getting out to the back bays.  I was thinking about putting a sail on the Hobie as with age paddling around for hours is getting a bit much.  I still do it but who knows for how long.  I love the fact that if the sail works i can still get out and only paddle for only about half the time.  We'll see what happens.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-