Author Topic: sea girt / axle carlson reef  (Read 1494 times)

Offline akamoonman

• john
sea girt / axle carlson reef
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »
Has anyone fished sea bass at either reef since the season reopened... Looking to go out tomorrow trolling and maybe get in a little sea bass fishing... 
john R...

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: sea girt / axle carlson reef
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »
I don't know about this year, but in prior years I have done very well at Axel Carson reef on party boats well into the beginning of December. The biggest problem there was all the pots that were on it.  Is does have some very clean oil barges somewhere on it.  I fished 2 days in a row about 5 years ago around Thanksgiving time and did not lose a rig.  I threw it in the garbage at the end of the day.  t^

Good luck and don't forget a report. The sea bass I caught on Wednesday felt very warm to the touch as the bottom temps are not that cold yet.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:33:59 PM by njbob49 »

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: sea girt / axle carlson reef
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 06:10:49 AM »
Yes, there are Seabass on both reef sites. A lot of shorts to pick through, but you can put together nice fish fry. Pots not a problem for me, I don't smoke the stuff.
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-