Author Topic: 'Nutz from shore  (Read 2656 times)

Offline TedSki

• TedSki.Net
'Nutz from shore
« on: October 11, 2007, 03:49:54 PM »
So, I got my new cast net and I'm looking to possibly go to Keyport this coming week and catch some live bait.  Do you just cast and hope for the best?  Can you see the peanut bunker swimming?  Are they ever right near the fishing pier at Keyport?  Do you use any sort of bait for the peanuts themselves?  Any tips are welcome.

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Re: 'Nutz from shore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »
I may have room on my boat if you care to join me this weekend.

Offline TedSki

• TedSki.Net
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:02:17 PM »
I may have room on my boat if you care to join me this weekend.

I really really appreciate the offer... however this weekend is looking quite busy.  I'm restricted to evenings during the week these days.  Next week I am on duty and I won't know which evenings will or will not work, so I can't even commit.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
OK, make sure you get to the harbor just before sunrise.  You will see them splashing the top of the water.  You don't have to throw exactly where that splash is, but at least within 5 feet of the splash as peanuts run in large schools.  Trust me, you can't miss.  Don't waste your time throwing blind, if the peanuts are close, you will only scare them to deeper water.  The peanuts are there, you just have to wait for them to surface to find them and most of the time, they surface at sun rise.  If you wait to mid day, they usually school up deep, especially when boat traffic is at a max.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »
They are def at the Keyport pier, but it is hit or miss. Usually, over there, you will get them on the ooutgoing, but can be had on incoming.  Better yest is by the marinas on Front Street,

Their is a dock for boats to pul up to and tie off to have lunch at the Blue Rock. I would try over there as you should have no problem finding peanuts right there.
it is right by/almost under thr green bridge on front street.

Offline TurboDan

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 11:53:09 PM »
For those a bit southward, motor over to the Rt. 35 bridge in the Manasquan River.  They've been on a frenzy over there every night this week at dusk.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-