Author Topic: FISH STIX - STRIPERS from Keyport - Weekend Reports  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - STRIPERS from Keyport - Weekend Reports
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
Friday 5/2 AM - Ran open with Dave, Dave, Tim, Tj, Murray and Dan. First stop had a fish pretty quick so we stuck it out for a bit but no good. Took a ride and fish on immediately. Pretty steady bite for the time we had left of the tide. Missed a few, pulled a few, had about 6-7 shorts and finished up with only 6 keepers, but the action was there.

Friday 5/2 PM - Ran open with Steve, Bob, Bob, Bob, Charley and Oliver. Made a few stops but with the water we had, we never had a shot at all. Just a long boat ride. Overall just a very tough night, and boy did the whole crew let me have it..

Saturday 5/3 - Had Damon's charter and went to where we had fish yesterday morning. A quick short and a keeper right away and then nothing for quite a while. Eventually we had some fish at the boat. A load a misses and tooooo many lost fish. The guys gave it hell at the rail all day. They hooked up a mix of shorts and keeper fish most of the day but only managed 5 keepers to take home.

Sunday 5/4 Had Arbens charter today. We saw way more life and better sized fish. Read fish all day long, getting them to bite was the problem. Some serious wind against tide issues didn't make it easy at all. The boys were troopers and managed 7 keepers to mid 20lb range couple shorts and couple that came un glued. They all caught fish, drank beer and had one hell of a time.

Saw better life so I'll take it. I know we didn't catch a whole hell of a lot today but, definitely liked what I saw. Looks like the bay is gonna light up this week.

Open Boat all week. Call email or text. We are fishing Raritan Bay until further notice, docked in Keyport.

Hope to see you soon.

Capt Kris

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: FISH STIX - STRIPERS from Keyport - Weekend Reports
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »
Tough few days Capt.  You did better then many!!
See ya out there. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: FISH STIX - STRIPERS from Keyport - Weekend Reports
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
Tough conditions ,but you produced .

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-