Author Topic: 6/4 Not a thing  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
6/4 Not a thing
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:42:41 AM »
Started with checking out my regular spots and all of them were overcrowded for my liking. Aside from that, didn't see anyone catching. Moved on down to sandy hook but was 9pm already so I didn't want to lug everything out and back within the hour (I don't have their fishing permit). moved on down to Asbury park and tossed some iron on the jetty along with about 12 other guys but still nothing. Picked up and moved down to manasquan inlet. It's summer, so of course the lot is filled. same story as the previous spots. lots of people fishing, no one catching. Called it a night around midnight. Gonna head 1000' north of my front door. got reports of good resident striper action in the Raritan river which I have never heard in my 33 years of existence.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: 6/4 Not a thing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »
Thanks for the report .

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 10:24:19 AM »
Good try  t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Down Deep Fleet

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • THE 40' 1-15 PASSENGERS DOWN DEEP FLEET
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 10:25:55 AM »
There's no place like home  ;D
DOWN DEEP BULL - 40' CUSTOM RP WILLIS BEAL -

U S C G CERTIFIED 1 - 15 PASSENGERS / HUGE COCKPIT / HEAT & AC

Harbor View Marina
165 - West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735

CAPT. MARIO 609 827 1232
AVAILABLE DATES & RESERVATIONS 609-689-8631

1 GOAL - 2 CAPTAINS - 3 MATES - 4 EXCELLENT TRIPS - 5 STAR SERVICE
-----
http://www.downdeepsportfishing.com/ddsf/

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 02:00:06 AM »
 TT^

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 05:35:59 AM »
My friend smile catches Stripers in a small river behind his home in Old Bridge that feeds into the Raritan.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 07:38:31 AM »
Raritan river can be very good i launch out of the raitan most of the time with my bassboat and ive been fishing the bridges and different structure in the raritan for over 30 years and have caught hundreds of stripers there. Couple times in the fall ive worked large schools of 10 to 20 pounders stripers chasing bait pretty far back in the raritan river. I know you fish from land so i give you a couple spots i have seen great striper action on bait from shore under the rt 35 bridge area north side and even at the edison municipal ramp ive seen plenty caught good luck. t^
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:39:40 AM by 89stang1 »
John
Raritan Bay Stripers & Fluke
SV-18GT Fisher Marine "Grey Thunder" aluminum bassboat Mercury outboard

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
 t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:06 PM »
Raritan river can be very good i launch out of the raitan most of the time with my bassboat and ive been fishing the bridges and different structure in the raritan for over 30 years and have caught hundreds of stripers there. Couple times in the fall ive worked large schools of 10 to 20 pounders stripers chasing bait pretty far back in the raritan river. I know you fish from land so i give you a couple spots i have seen great striper action on bait from shore under the rt 35 bridge area north side and even at the edison municipal ramp ive seen plenty caught good luck. t^

I usually hit the Edison ramp when the season opens. didn't have time this year. I've had keeper sized stripers by my house a couple times during high water but the ones biting right now I guessing are post-spawn. only about 9-12" but still fun. rt35 bridge we used to fish under when I had a boat. usually decent fishing if blues were around..........but I may have a boat in a couple weeks TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-