Author Topic: Fish On Weekly Report "INSANE" 12/9  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
Fish On Weekly Report "INSANE" 12/9
« on: December 09, 2007, 01:57:30 PM »
No need for a fish finder but if you turned it on you would read fish and bait fish from Sandy Hook to Barnegat Light up to 10ft thick. So many bass you can lose count within a couple of hours. I started an afternoon trip with my good friend Dan Zino aboard Fins on Feathers from Leonardo. The rhythm was the same for most anglers this week. Find the birds and start jigging. We lost count after catching and releasing 75 bass in 2 hours. We had bass on the troll 3 to 4 at a time. As two guys fought fish on the troll the rest of us worked jigs. At one point with both poles with fish on we just looked at each other hoping someone would jump on and take the fight. It was insane. Insane is the only way to describe this week’s action.  No keepers for me or Dan but a great way to wind down the season.

Keith from Franklin NJ started his trip at the Hook and followed the birds up towards Shrewsbury. After sore arms and losing count how many fish he landed he was able to get a 28” for the dinner table. Avas, Crocs and 2oz spro buck tails worked best.

Captain Bob from Sandy Hook Fishing Charters had his last charter for the year Mark, Joe, JJ and Smitty were onboard for a memorable trip. Once again AVA-47's and crippled Herrings were the ticket for a good mix of fish. Each kept their two keepers and a bonus fish. Even Capt Bob was able to land two nice keepers as the boys got tired from jigging. All fish kept were between 31-40 inches. They released over 60 other fish.
Sea Hunter and The Fisherman party boats out of Atlantic Highlands also had similar reports with big numbers so get on a boat and jig the day away,it’s now or never.

Offshore
Duffman from NJSaltwaterfisherman.com headed out on the Voyager from Point Pleasant and hit the offshore wrecks 70 miles out. 
Sea bass and humback porgies were on the menu. A great trip and all caught there share as well as Pollack to 12lbs, cod to 5 lbs, knuckleheads up to 6 lbs, ling, and of course a monster bluefish at 18lbs.
 orgies were huge most up to 5 lbs and anglers filled 100qt coolers to the rim. If I didn’t see pictures I wouldn’t believe it either.

Tog Fishing on the Bandit has been nothing but exceptional. Captain Scotty who was docked in Belmar is now located on the Indian River Inlet in Delaware for the winter time. In Delaware Captain Scotty fishes Tog from now till April and its worth the trip. If you’re not familiar with the area the Del-Mar is home to the best tog fishing on the east coast. With a 10 fish limit in DE it’s not uncommon for most ranging from 10 to 16lbs. That’s bigger than most anglers see in a lifetime so look him up and book a trip if you feel any symptoms of cabin fever.
Fish on.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:27:12 PM by Hotrod »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fish On Weekly Report "INSANE" 12/9
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
Nice report Ron.  Good to see you got into a mess of fish too.  Great day!   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
Thanks for the report Ron.

The surf has been loaded with bait but not much action on the catching part.  I think most fish in that close are gorging themselves and not bothering with artificial especially if the slightest thing is out of place.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline jozwirk

bottom bouncing
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:40:43 AM »
me and my friend andy went out on the dauntless seas were calm and the fish were biting ,big to small ling,bl.fish,bigeels andspiny dogfish.two 3lLP.winter flounder were caugth. andy on first drop got 8LP. blackfish  poolwinner.ended day with 1bl.fish,30ling,1seabass

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »
Good job Johhny Oz!   t^
I wish I could have been there, but I have to get the daughter's kitchen done.   bngh
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:17:54 PM »
There he is the first time I've seen him post. Nice job. TT^ Hope to see you soon.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-