Author Topic: Important: reef bill in Jeopardy Sunday Jan. 06, 2008 Star-Ledger by Al Ristori  (Read 5626 times)

Capt. Jerry

Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts may have killed the bill to end potting on the state's artificial reefs by not posting A3986 for a vote tomorrow (Monday Jan.7th) the last voting day of the session. Unless Roberts relents, that means recreational fishermen and divers who worked hard to push the bill through this session will have to start over in the new Legislature. :-\

A last-ditch effort will be made tomorrow, and the public is urged to assist in seeking a vote. The fax number for Roberts is (856) 742-1831. http://His office phone number is (856) 742-7600.
Ask Roberts to post artificial reef bill #A3986 for a vote.   t^
http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/ristori/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/119959774672890.xml&coll=1
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:15:47 PM by Capt.Jerry »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
What a blooming idiot...

If this does not come up for a vote shame on him,  and all who voted for him in the first place.  Dem's you have to start to speak  up for what is right and not allow idiots like this speak for you.

I am sorry but that is what he is doing.  Every Democrat has been spoken for in his actions like it or not.  What will be your next actions?  I hope it is to retaliate and oust his a$$.

Unless you feel he is right and there for congratulations on putting the final nail in the proverbial coffin that will tie up the fishing industry and recreational fishing for years to come.

Why should I as a private fisherman put my good money into something that I will not be able to benefit by?  NJ again has hit a new low by being the only state to shaft its citizens again by allowing us to pay for something we can not use.  How stupid can we be.  We are the only state to allow commercial fishing on OUR artificial reefs.

I guess you feel thats OK I don't and I think its time to let them know it.  Either you fill his e-mail to overflowing and his fax machine till it burns up or we may as well pack out fishing gear up and put it away because to allow this to happen on one reef will surly expand to the others mark my words.

What will your next move be?  I have been doing mine.  I can hold my head up can you?

Please voice your opinion today, for tomorrow will be too late.

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Angry Fax sent. I'm tried of getting bent over and let him know. >:D <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
Mine have been sent as well.  Damn it erks me to no end that they aree so pompass and could care less as to what we think.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  bngh bngh bngh
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Been trying to call all morning but keep getting a busy signal.

Either his phone is being swamped calls  t^ or they have taken the phone off the hook  (insert giving the finger emote).

I'll try a few more times then send then an arse reaming fax  ;D

Wonder how much the commerical guys paid him off not to post it

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Phone line still busy.

Does anyone have any updates? Has the bill been posted for a vote?

Here is a copy of the fax I'm prepared to send but before I do I want to make sure the bill hasn't been posted.

Please feel free to notify me if my facts are wrong.

To The Attention Of Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts:

It has come to my attention that you failed to post bill A3986 for a vote today. I would like to inquire as to how come you neglected to post this bill for a vote especially in light of the NJ Senate passing a similar measure 33-0.

You should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

I along with hundreds of fellow NJ anglers have vowed not to vote for any of your party members in any upcoming elections no matter which district we are in.

One more thing, I’m just curious as to how much money the commercial lobbyist lined your pockets with. I mean after all this is NJ we’re talking about.

Thanks For Nothing,

Andrew Sokol

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
Just checked the NJ Legislature site and the bill has not been posted for review or vote.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Sent above fax at 2:05 PM

Offline Bob

Fax sent, phone still busy.  I called last friday and got through to someone but obviously that did not work.
Bob

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
I hope the phone being swamped means that they are receiving calls from rec fishermen and not off the hook. 

What a shame it is to have spokes people who are voted in to speak up for the majority of the constituents and be shunned to thinking they know better than we.  I hope everyone remembers this in the ballot box.  These Yahoo's have got to go.

NJ deserves better, we deserve better.

Damn, that is just wrong...

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
ASSHOLES!

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Maybe all is not lost..........

Read on another site (time of post was 2:33PM) that Assembly bill A3986 WAS posted.

I haven't been able to find anything to confirm or what the vote outcome was.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
Hi All well it was posted late and it looks like it was tabled.

Identical Bill Number: S2635   

Kean, Sean T.   as Primary Sponsor
Albano, Nelson T.   as Co-Sponsor
Van Drew, Jeff   as Co-Sponsor
Wolfe, David W.   as Co-Sponsor
Holzapfel, James W.   as Co-Sponsor
Diegnan, Patrick J., Jr.   as Co-Sponsor
McHose, Alison Littell   as Co-Sponsor

2/22/2007 Introduced, Referred to Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee
5/21/2007 Reported out of Assembly Committee, 2nd Reading
1/7/2008 Motion Order of the day (Kean)
1/7/2008 Motion To Table (Watson Coleman) (42-31-0)

Statement - AAN 5/21/07 - 1 pages PDF Format    HTML Format
Introduced - 2 pages PDF Format    HTML Format
Committee Voting:
AAN  5/21/2007  -  r/favorably  -  Yes {4}  No {1}  Not Voting {0}  Abstains {0}  -  Roll Call
    Fisher, Douglas H. (C) - Yes   Albano, Nelson T. (V) - Yes   Conaway, Herb , M.D. - Yes
    Dancer, Ronald S. - Yes   Karrow, Marcia A. - No

Now we have to find out who voted to table it and begin to send letters faxes, e-mails, phone calls, you know the drill.

Paul
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 12:06:19 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
And have in the faxes, phone calls and letters clear language telling them that they have just killed their political carrier.  And then we must remember this during election time.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Someone needs to compile a list of those to vote out.

Offline njdiver

Someone needs to compile a list of those to vote out.
Use this:

Asm. 1/7/2008 - MOTION TAB MOTION - Yes {41} No {32} Not Voting {7} Abstains {0}

Albano, Nelson T. - NoBarnes, Peter J., III - YesBaroni, Bill - NoBateman, Christopher - NoBeck, Jennifer - NoBiondi, Peter J. - Not VotingBlee, Francis J. - NoBodine, Francis L. - YesBramnick, Jon M. - NoBurzichelli, John J. - Not VotingCaraballo, Wilfredo - YesCarroll, Michael Patrick - Not VotingChatzidakis, Larry - Not VotingChivukula, Upendra J. - NoCohen, Neil M. - YesConaway, Herb, M.D. - Not VotingConners, Jack - YesConnors, Christopher J. - NoCorodemus, Steve - NoCruz-Perez, Nilsa - YesCryan, Joseph - YesDancer, Ronald S. - NoDeCroce, Alex - NoDiegnan, Patrick J., Jr. - NoDoherty, Michael J. - NoEgan, Joseph V. - YesEpps, Charles T., Jr. - YesEvans, Elease - YesFisher, Douglas H. - Not VotingGiblin, Thomas P. - YesGordon, Robert M. - YesGreen, Jerry - YesGreenstein, Linda R. - NoGreenwald, Louis D. - YesGregg, Guy R. - NoGusciora, Reed - YesHandlin, Amy H. - NoHolzapfel, James W. - NoJasey, Mila M. - YesJohnson, Gordon M. - YesKarrow, Marcia A. - NoKean, Sean T. - NoLampitt, Pamela R. - YesMalone, Joseph R., III - NoManzo, Louis M. - YesMayer, David R. - YesMcHose, Alison Littell - NoMcKeon, John F. - YesMerkt, Richard A. - NoMoriarty, Paul D. - YesMunoz, Eric - NoO'Toole, Kevin J. - NoOliver, Sheila Y. - Not VotingPanter, Michael J. - YesPayne, William D. - YesPennacchio, Joseph - NoPou, Nellie - YesPrieto, Vincent - YesQuigley, Joan M. - YesRoberts, Joseph J., Jr. - YesRooney, John E. - NoRumpf, Brian E. - NoRusso, David C. - NoScalera, Frederick - YesSchaer, Gary S. - YesStack, Brian P. - YesStanley, Craig A. - YesStender, Linda - YesThompson, Samuel D. - NoTruitt, Oadline D. - YesVainieri Huttle, Valerie - YesVan Drew, Jeff - NoVandervalk, Charlotte - NoVas, Joseph - YesVega, Silverio A. - YesVoss, Joan M. - YesWatson Coleman, Bonnie - YesWhelan, Jim - YesWisniewski, John S. - YesWolfe, David W. - No

The "No" votes were on our side!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-