Author Topic: Pay Backs CAN be FUN !!!  (Read 1136 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Pay Backs CAN be FUN !!!
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:48:31 AM »
Hi All,

Well my Uncle stopped by this past Friday and alluded to the fact that he and his friend were talking about going fishing down at Sea Gull Island Fishing Pier on the last island of the CBBT about 3.5 miles from Va.

I have heard of the pier and it was nothing but good reports.  They would be going down on a Friday night and fish the night and morning on Saturday.

I have not been down there myself and would like to try it myself, so I put it up to my wife that it would be nice to take them both down so this way they would not have to drive and I could give my Uncle a little payback for teaching me the ropes when I was young.

My question is, when would be a good time to take them down?  I know their striper season is a good one but that is only one of many species caught there.  I was thinking in latter part of March early part of April might be good.  They are impatient and once I tell them about the trip they will probably talk me into going earlier. 

Again this would be pier fishing off a pier that is 625 feet long in water that is anywhere from 50 to 100 foot deep.  Pretty cool.  I have been reading up on some of the artificial lures to use and the consensus seems to be white bucktails either tipped of not with whatever.

Has anyone fished the Chesapeake that can answer some of these questions?  I probably will have more once I have a date confirmed.

Thanks.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
Re: Pay Backs CAN be FUN !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:50 AM »
I've stopped at that pier (never fished) several times and all I sw caught were spots and skates. Did see 2 14" tog caught the last time I was there-right at the base of the pier as soon as you walk out.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-