Author Topic: Gulp ---  (Read 17095 times)

Offline mgm

Re: Gulp ---
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »
Last year on a flounder trip, I used the pinched off tails from 3" Gulp!chartreuse swimming mullets. Threw the heads over the side. The tails caught flounder with a clam combo.

At the end of the day, the mate filleted the boats catch and 2 of the heads thrown overboard were in the stomachs of 2 of the flounder. I might try a small sliver of the chartreuse cut bait as an R & D experiment this season, although the "flutter factor" won't be there.  We'll see.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
Anyone know if any gulp works well for winter flounder?
flounder is the only thing I have not had luck w/ .I tried them on a couple trips last year and it never produced for me or the guys on the boat

Offline eagleyankfan

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »
Tony, you might be able to find a good deal on GULP at the upcoming Somerset Saltwater Expo.

That's my game plan.  If not, I'll order from the link given.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 08:54:43 AM »
I tried the trout bait in yellow for flounder and didn't get a touch.

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 08:55:56 AM »
They have a new 6" lugworm I am going to be trying in chartreuse this season for fluke.

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 11:48:28 AM »

Myself and a few other of my fishing buddies haven't been too impressed using GULP for winter flounder.

Fish Bites seems to work better.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 04:14:56 PM »
Only species it has failed for me with.  Failed miserably too.  Even when tipped with real bait they did not produce.  Took off the gulp and just use regular bait(sandworm and/or clam) and caught fish.  Back to Gulp and Gulp with bait produced nadda.  Back again to just bait and caught fish.

Did hear that when the water is real cold the scent dispensing properties of Gulp doesn't work too well if at all 5hrug

For fluke, seabass, blues, stripers, weakies, ling, searobins, skates, dogfish, etc...Gulp kicks butt though TT^
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline ryanh908

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »
 t^
Thanks, i had picked up some gulp sandworms and was wondering how they would be. I have had good success with the gulp strips for fluke

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:07 PM »
Sandworms are great for weakies. Also caught fluke and even a couple of bluefish on them in the very back bay.

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 11:23:46 PM »
as far as gukp not working in the cold waters I know people that use it through the ice and I use it all winter in the streams and lakes and it works great but for some reason flounder dont like it ,I tried it many times thinking it would be great but it isnt any good for them

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »
t^
Thanks, i had picked up some gulp sandworms and was wondering how they would be.

GULP sandworms (especially in new penny and natural color) kick butt on weakfish. They also do real well with porgies if you cut them in half.

Offline mgm

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »
I used pieces of the Gulp! natural sandworm last fall and kicked butt with porgies.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »
Ok, my interest has been peaked about using Gulp products.

Anybody have a good place to buy them?  Or are they about the same price everywhere?

Tackledirect.com will have evry style and color, i'm sure.  Probably no the cheapest but if you need a odd pattern or coloration they will probably have you covered.
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 07:54:17 PM »
New to the aresenal

Will be picking up a bottle of squid & crab scent in a few days.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
the chartreuse swimming mullet works the best for me.. white works 2nd best, and the gulp squid the tan color works third best.... the mackeral is horrible. never got a chance to try the gulp sand or bloodworms? yet...   ;D
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Twitch

• DONT TREAD ON ME
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »
What do you do with that suff spray your lures?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ Thomas Edison

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »
What do you do with that suff spray your lures?

I intended to spray on my teasers (unless I'm already using a GULP product as a teaser).

Should provide a nice scent to a clouser minnow. I also have a bunch of non GULP plastic shrimps that the shrimp scent should add some extra punch to.

First time I saw this product being used (crab scent) on openning day, the angler was spraying it on his strip bait/spearing. He totaled & keepers and at least a dozen shorts. Come to think of it, he was also using a 2" GULP swimming minnow threaed above the snell of his hook.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-