Author Topic: UPDATE ON TAUTOG, Chnages to avoid closure!!!!!!!  (Read 2415 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
UPDATE ON TAUTOG, Chnages to avoid closure!!!!!!!
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:39:08 AM »
TAUTOG NOTE: In order to avoid a federal moratorium on April 1, the Marine Fisheries Council will meet Tuesday evening at 6:30 in the Nacote Creek Enforcement Office in Port Republic. There's no need to attend that meeting, as the Council's committee had some time ago drawn up the regulation changes required to meet the reduction specified by the ASMFC. No other options will be presented. Though the bag limit will remain at four through April, the May to June season will be eliminated -- as will July 1-15. The limit will be one blackfish from July 16 to Nov. 15. The prime fall season of Nov. 16 to Dec. 31 will have a limit reduced from eight to six. The minimum size remains at 14 inches.

Ouch, did I feel another cut? We are slowly dying my Fishing Brothers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 01:05:42 AM by CaptBob »

Offline OffTheHook13

• Banned
Re: UPDATE ON TAUTOG, Chnages to avoid closure!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:31:35 AM »
It's insane.

The noose is getting tighter and tighter.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »
They will continue this until someone gets pissed enough to take off the head of one of the managers.  They have no rhyme or reason for putting the regs the way they do except to appease the enviros/antis.  And the enviros/antis have no reason to be butting into something they have no idea about except to make everyone live their lives.  I can't stomach these people. 
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline OffTheHook13

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »
I've said before and I'll say it again.

They are inevitably FORCING us to become poachers.

I hate to say it but it's the truth.

I for one have always followed all of the rules and regulations of our sport. And I am 100% behind conservation.

But when push comes to shove, we are being rubbed out. While the commercial fleets prosper.

I just love when I'm fluking and I have to struggle to put a catch together of 19 1/2 inch fish, while a pinhooker drifting right next to me is loading up on 14" fish.

It's absurd.

Ther's no other way to describe it.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »
.....and we take it on the chin yet again   bngh

But I AM SURE anyone can walk into an Asian resturant in the city and buy live tog 24/7/365.  Some things will never change.

Offline OffTheHook13

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »
.....and we take it on the chin yet again   bngh

But I AM SURE anyone can walk into an Asian resturant in the city and buy live tog 24/7/365.  Some things will never change.

bngh bngh bngh bngh

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-