Author Topic: Off Shore Checklist and Safety List  (Read 2202 times)

Offline brickken

Off Shore Checklist and Safety List
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
How many times have you been offshore and realize you forgot this item or that? Or you are getting things together for a few days ahead of time and want to make sure you have what you need... when you re 15-100 miles off shore is not the time to realize you forgot something. As a result I put together the attached two lists as a reference to make sure I have what I need or want. As  make more trips and realize something else I forgot I just add it to my list.

The second page doesn't take life safety issues into the equation as I always have the EPIRB, life raft, life jackets, flares etc on the boat. They never come off...
Thought this could be of use to others... obviously if you have gas or outboards you would need to adjust some of the items.

Hope this is useful. Joe's log book brought this to mind..
Ken

"The Taylor Vee"
Wellcraft Coastal 360

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Off Shore Checklist and Safety List
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »
Nice list Ken.  t^

I have a similar list but not as elaborate.  My fishing is mostly inshore.  Occasionally I will hit the mud hole.  It looks like this year will bring more trips to the mud hole.

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »
i keep all my safty gear in the boat at all times.  If I forget anything, it would be bait.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 12:21:19 AM »
One thing I don't see on your list I like to have is a charged jumper box for the batteries. If you have a generator I guess there is no need for that.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:52:43 AM »
great info

Offline brickken

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »
One thing I don't see on your list I like to have is a charged jumper box for the batteries. If you have a generator I guess there is no need for that.
Southpaw; I do have a generator on board; but do have the jumper box on board as well...I used that to power my hydro glow and was an additional back up...
i keep all my safty gear in the boat at all times.  If I forget anything, it would be bait.
Bait; lures; hooks, leader material that was my concern as well. Safety gear stays on whether inshore, on the bay or offshore...
great info
Thanks hope its useful...
Ken

"The Taylor Vee"
Wellcraft Coastal 360

Offline TurboDan

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:04 AM »
I would bet that given the cost of fuel, there will be more people who won't want to fill up, thinking they can make it out and back on what's left in the tank.  This will, no doubt, lead to increased calls for fuel this summer for TowBoatUS/SeaTow.

So as far as a checklist, remember to bring gas!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-