Author Topic: Roosters Fishing  (Read 992 times)

Offline Peterooster

• Peterooster
Roosters Fishing
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
Tom and I had the Roosters out looking for Stripers on Flynns Knoll this morning. The tide just started out as we anchored up. The winds were light and the bright sunlight made for a pleasant morning. If only we had fish to catch! There were many other boats in the same area and we didn't see anything come out of the water. Scout for some Fluke to finish the morning fishing seemed like a good idea, we found them at the Coast Guard Station in about fifteen feet depth. There was a boat there named Avocet with two guys baling the Fluke, they kept everything, Tom and I assumed them to be commercial fisherman. As the Coasties went by they never gave them a second look.   PETE
PETE  (°_)°)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Roosters Fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:28:32 PM »
nice report... If you guys want stripers, try the clam beds off the knoll, chum and bait clams.  I limited out the last 3 times I was there.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
Re: Roosters Fishing
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »
6 more days, I can't wait
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-