Author Topic: Sea Hawk - Perth Amboy Municipal Marina  (Read 8118 times)

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
Sea Hawk - Perth Amboy Municipal Marina
« on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:27 PM »
Has anyone been out on the Sea Hawk this year? I think I will bring Dad out for fluke as a Fathersday Gift. I live in Edison so it is close just looking for some reviews. Boat looks nice on their home page. Thanks for any info.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Sea Hawk - Perth Amboy Municipal Marina
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:46:56 PM »
Gottog is a frequent flyer on the Sea Hawk. I'm sure he can fill you in on all the little details that you need to know.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
Gottog was out Sunday on the Sea Hawk I believe and took home 3 keepers while his fiance took home 1.

FYI, be sure to wear your seat belt while driving in Perth Amboy. They are notorious for writing seat belt tickets. I got one while stopped at a red light. Bicycle cop pulled up along side me and wrote me one.

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:52:20 PM »
They did quite well the past two days.  Some onboard with their limits even.
Didn't sail this morning as not many fares showed up but captain was heading down to shape up for their 3:30pm trip.

They offer live killies(when available) spearing, and strip bait with your paid fare.
Running a big fluke of the season pool for a $10 entrance fee which also gets you into the monthly pool which is $200 for the largest fluke of the month donated by the captain's own personal wallet chrz

I've only got out twice so far for fluke and it's been a pick.  Quite a few fish being returned to the bay that would have been a keeper last year :-\ Still a good amount of keepers being taken off the boat as well as action with the releases and sea robins and bluefish.

Hope you and your dad have a great trip. Catch em up! grtn
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
Thanks for the info gottog. How is the Capt and crew? I have been on boats were they were great and some boats that they should have been used for chum. Dad is 80 and had double knee replacement last year so I need a boat with a good helpful crew. Thanks again for the info.

NJDEVI >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
Captain is young and works very hard.  Gives it his all for his fares onboard. 

Mates are quite good TT^  A few from the old defunct Sea Pigeon even t^
Just give them a heads up he may need a little extra attention and they should be all over it. chrz
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
Thanks again  chrz

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:25:25 PM »
I've never fished on this boat, but witnessed something on Monday that earned the captain my respect.. I was drifting for Fluke near the Reach when the Sea Hawk came over and set up her drift about 100yds. away.. After a few minutes I noticed he started the engines, and slowly started cutting the distance between us (although he did'nt blow the horn to have fares pull up). At about 50-60yds from us, he came out of the wheelhouse and said someting to a mate, who grabbed a net a fished a large piece of trash out of the bay.. He then reversed and moved back to his original line, giving me a generous amount of space again. IMO any Captain who shows that kind of consideration for the environment and other boaters would surely treat his customers well..  chrz

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »
That is the type of Capt. I want to fish with and the type that all Capts. should strive to be like.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »
If all goes well with work, I'm planning on going out on the Sea Hawk on Friday.

Does he sell sinkers on board?

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »
I've never fished on this boat, but witnessed something on Monday that earned the captain my respect.. I was drifting for Fluke near the Reach when the Sea Hawk came over and set up her drift about 100yds. away.. After a few minutes I noticed he started the engines, and slowly started cutting the distance between us (although he did'nt blow the horn to have fares pull up). At about 50-60yds from us, he came out of the wheelhouse and said someting to a mate, who grabbed a net a fished a large piece of trash out of the bay.. He then reversed and moved back to his original line, giving me a generous amount of space again. IMO any Captain who shows that kind of consideration for the environment and other boaters would surely treat his customers well..  chrz

I'm gunna have to send him a bill for that one t^

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »
They have some sinkers onboard as well as rigs.  Not that wide a selection, but enough to cover what you'd encounter.  If you need light sinkers, probably want to bring those yourself.

Don't forget to mention this website about hearing of them on here grtn
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
 whs   ;D

Offline Don11

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:03:33 PM »
On board we had 4,5,6,8 and 10 ounce sinkers and rigs available. We also have cold drinks and snacks. The cabin also has air conditioning if you need to cool off on a warm day. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Don

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:38:41 PM »

For what?

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »
I think Rod said that in jest for the plug Treebeard gave the captain of the seahawk.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
But Rod didn't do anything.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »
But yes he did...
He has supplied him with a platform for plugs for quite some time now with out any compensation. Not a bad deal so far. We do get rid of this type of stuff if they are not sponsors or supporting Captains...

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »

For what?

The Plug..  Hummm Joke...  Humm Sarcasms..   

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 10:22:41 PM »

Every other Site would have deleted this post in a blink of an eye..  I'm ok with the Sea hawk since I built his site and he is a hosting client of mine..

Just a little ball breaking on my end.. trying to get him as a sponsor..

Not that I need to explain myself.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:36:57 PM by Hotrod »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-