Author Topic: boarder for fluke  (Read 3824 times)

Offline twoforhooking

boarder for fluke
« on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »
Anyone know if the fed's can do anything about 18" fluke in your box if you for some reason drift into NY?? 5hrug
"Jon"

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: boarder for fluke
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
im guessing the size in NY is bigger than 18"? im not sure, that is a good question  5hrug
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline twoforhooking

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:38:42 PM »
im guessing the size in NY is bigger than 18"? im not sure, that is a good question  5hrug
20.5" I think
"Jon"

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »
WOW, that makes me not feel so bad nosmly
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
NY reg is 20 1/2 inches........ if you have legal Jersey fish and go to NY waters and are checked you will be issued a summons..... (for the simple fact that they do not know where the fish was caught)

Have not seen any Federal LE, but both NY and NJ DEC officers have been out checking

You have to plan out your trip first fish the NY side then come back to NJ if you want to fish both sides t^

Offline twoforhooking

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »
I fish the reach alot, I guess it's a good idea to have a +20-1/2"er in there! >:D
"Jon"

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:34:47 PM »
The rules are for possession. If you caught it in NJ and go into NY waters with a fish under 20 1/2", you are in violation.

Also, keep in mind. It is illegal to possess a striped bass in federal waters. Meaning, if you legally catch a striper while in Sandy Hook and then decide to fish farther out (3 miles or more) you will be in violation and can be ticketed.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »
start your day in ny waters if you want to fish the deeper waters ,then move to nj .ny is 20.5 so think about where you fish .we always start there then move half way through the day

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »
this is tricky if your not sure where the boarder is.. So to be on the safe side.. Keep NY keepers unless your sure your in NJ waters.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline twoforhooking

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »
this is tricky if your not sure where the boarder is.. So to be on the safe side.. Keep NY keepers unless your sure your in NJ waters.
I tried you on the radio sunday, guess you wern't out?
"Jon"

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »
the different regs for the same area are insane,especially in the back where the area tightens up. the two states should get together and compromise and have the same regs.another soloution would be follow the regs of the state your registered or fishing out of.I'm sure all who fish back there have been in violation at least once,whether they realized it or not.
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline mgm

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 10:03:37 AM »
Last summer I was on a PB out of Seawaren drifting the Reach over the NJ line and were boarded by the CG and NY CO's.

They checked the boat over with a fine tooth comb, but the Capt pointed out his position was NJ and just had to put up with the CG spot check for safety compliance. They verified our position by checking with the CG mother ship who marked the Zodiac's position with their GPS.

You need to be careful and know your position when fishing the Reach closer to the SI side.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:30 AM »
i still don't know exactly where the boarder is. 

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Duffman

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
  DISCLAIMER : this is my system, it has worked for me, but in no way am I saying it is 100% accurate!!!  ;D  but close  ::)

Take your chart, starting at buoy #53 green at the triangle draw a line 1 nm due east. From this point draw another line straight to the #12 red can in the Reach.  Thats roughly your border.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »
 t^

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »
the different regs for the same area are insane,especially in the back where the area tightens up. the two states should get together and compromise and have the same regs.another soloution would be follow the regs of the state your registered or fishing out of.I'm sure all who fish back there have been in violation at least once,whether they realized it or not.

Be careful what you wish for!  rofla  We might all get hit with a 20 1/2" limit  rgmn
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »
Sean,it's probably coming anyway,as long as you can still fish for them.
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
I am sure ... but I don't like it one bit  ??? >:( I can remember fishing with my gramps and it being a 14 or 14 1/2" in limit! I can remember gas being under a buck a gallon! I can remember thinking SSI would be there for me when I retire. Things certainly do change!
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
gas under a quarter and no size limit 5hrug

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
To give a general reference point the state lines cross the Reach in between the 12 and 14 cans.............anything west of that is NY waters......should show up on your GPS t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-