Author Topic: Atlantic City International Power Boat Show  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Capt. Ed

Atlantic City International Power Boat Show
« on: February 07, 2007, 10:55:27 PM »
Hi All,

I attended the Atlantic City International Power Boat Show on Friday, February 2, 2007. As expected, many manufacturers are addressing the mid-shore fishing set by supplying larger center console sleds with larger fuel tanks and dual, triple and quad four stroke engine configurations. My favorites were the 35’ Wellcraft Scarab Sport and the World Cat 330TE.

My overall favorite for a 6-Pack mid-shore sled is the 32 ' True World Marine Offshore Walkaround. It is shown above. It is a beauty.

There were too many Offshore capable rigs to talk about. I am still a big fan of Albemarle and Viking.

The best deals that I saw were on left-over 18-21' center consoles powered with nice engine packages. If you are looking for this type of boat, go over to your favorite dealer.

The "dream boat," or should I call it the "socks only" category does not interest me but there were a lot of folks taking pictures.

After many hours of looking at boats, accessories, and drinking beer, it was time to sit down. I attended fishing seminars by Jim Hutchinson discussing Weakies; Capt. Gene Quigley discussing inshore tuna; and a session on Trophy Striped Bass given by Capt. Rich Tenreiro. It is always good to listen to other captains. I always learn some little detail that makes a difference.

Overall, it was a fun and informative day. I like to attend before the weekend rush when the crowds are light. You get to talk to reps. more and not get bumped into every few minutes. I am not sure that I would ever buy a boat at this show, but it is certainly a good place to check out and compare what is happening with different manufacturers. One complaint - Why does this show always close on Super Bowl Sunday? Come on folks, move the show a week either way!

Have fun,

Capt. Ed

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Atlantic City International Power Boat Show
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »
Thank You Capt Ed.

Offline woodrufflou

• Woodruff Rod and Gun
Re: Atlantic City International Power Boat Show
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:31:22 AM »
Nice Read Capt. Ed. I agree with you on the date of it though. They really should move it from Super Bowl Sunday.
The man, The myth, THE LEGEND

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-