Author Topic: Sharks Today 7/26  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: Sharks Today 7/26
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »
I know the regs are messed up. 5hrug I,as well as alot of us, do fish farther then 3 miles from shore, most of the reefs are out there. Ridges,lumps,holes, deep water,tuna makos, that's where it is. I'll only keep a mako or thresher, and only one for the entire season. That's why I spent the $28 for a HMS recreational permit. I, for the most part >:D, am a law abiding citizen. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 01:13:12 PM »
 TT^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline wink_man

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
Nice pics, nice report, sounds like a good day out on the water.

Garry

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 11:51:54 PM »
HMS permit holders must abide by all applicable Federal regulations, regardless of where fishing occurs, including in state waters. However, when fishing in the waters of a state with more restrictive regulations, vessels must abide by the more restrictive state regulations.

This is right from the NMF Atlantic Shark Recreational Fishery Regulations.  I interpret this to mean that no matter where you are you must abide by the Federal Guidelines and when in State Waters  you must abide by the Federal Guidelines at a minimum or the State Regulations if they are more stringent.  So, that would mean that currently Brown Sharks would be on the Mandatory Release List no matter what waters you are in!

I agree it is very confusing and they need to clarify this.

TT^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:54:28 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline dikdanger

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »
sounds like a good day to me...  Me and my friends are goin sharken this weekend for the first time  t^...  hopen for some beginners luck... at least I know we'll enjoy ourselves out there  chrz

but as for your boat... asalt weapon... i think i seen that boat over by where my uncle keeps his boat by the Blue Rock... if thats the same boat... sweet boat... i noticed it last week leaven the marina...
Fishey Fishey in the bay... Come and bite my Hook TODAY !!!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »
HMS permit holders must abide by all applicable Federal regulations, regardless of where fishing occurs, including in state waters. However, when fishing in the waters of a state with more restrictive regulations, vessels must abide by the more restrictive state regulations.

This is right from the NMF Atlantic Shark Recreational Fishery Regulations.  I interpret this to mean that no matter where you are you must abide by the Federal Guidelines and when in State Waters  you must abide by the Federal Guidelines at a minimum or the State Regulations if they are more stringent.  So, that would mean that currently Brown Sharks would be on the Mandatory Release List no matter what waters you are in!
I agree it is very confusing and they need to clarify this.

TT^

Correct, the way I see it, if you hold the federal permit, brown would have to be released where ever it was caught.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »
OK...just making sure I interpreted that correctly!  Still, like you said...VERY CONFUSING!

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »
the surf is loaded with brown sharks right now. we landed a few and released all of them

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-